Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Brandwashed

Last post Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:06 PM by Cheapmarshmallow. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:17 PM

• MamaJ
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 5 2009
    • Posts 963

Brandwashed

I picked this up at the library --  by Martin Lindstrom, "Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy." I'm through the first two chapters and wanted to let others know that it's worth reading! I'm a pretty savvy consumer but there are tricks out there that I haven't caught on to...

http://www.amazon.com/Brandwashed-Tricks-Companies-Manipulate-Persuade/dp/0385531737

• Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:23 PM In reply to

Re: Brandwashed

Thanks mamaJ I think I will check this out didn't know that the brand wash is a form of brainwash on consumors wow.

chrissanne
  • Wed, Jan 18 2012 10:06 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Sounds interesting as I hate being manipulated!   All the copies are currently checked out in our library system.  I put in a hold, but have six ahead of me.  Appreciate the heads up.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:34 PM In reply to

Thank you for this! I am going to try to get it tomorrow. I love books like these.

• Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:39 PM In reply to

seaturtle this is a good read if you can get it go to the library free check out......

And Im on hold for this one I am kinda want to know how we all became brain washed over this we just scratched the surface on this,.

chrissanne
  • Tue, Jan 24 2012 2:06 PM In reply to

• MamaJ
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 5 2009
    • Posts 963

I've finished the book and still recommend it... My family is getting an earful from me now every time we watch TV together. "We're being manipulated!"

• Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:24 PM In reply to

Library does not have it (too new), but they will order it for their permanent collection.

• Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:33 PM In reply to

Oh gee really sissy waiting on hers I think ten others are waiting for it too.

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:33 AM In reply to

Sounds like a wonderful book. Just requested from library. Looks like 9 holds on 12 copies available. Hopefully won't be too long a wait. Thanks for recommendation.
    Trying to Save in Pennsylvania
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:31 PM In reply to

Cheapmarshmallow:
    Sounds like a wonderful book. Just requested from library. Looks like 9 holds on 12 copies available. Hopefully won't be too long a wait. Thanks for recommendation.

I've been waiting for a copy to be available at my local library since 1/23 (according to the library records).  I am now 8 of 11.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us