Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Brandwashed

Last post 03-20-2012 2:06 PM by Cheapmarshmallow. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2012 1:17 PM

Brandwashed

I picked this up at the library --  by Martin Lindstrom, "Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy." I'm through the first two chapters and wanted to let others know that it's worth reading! I'm a pretty savvy consumer but there are tricks out there that I haven't caught on to...

http://www.amazon.com/Brandwashed-Tricks-Companies-Manipulate-Persuade/dp/0385531737

• 01-17-2012 11:23 PM In reply to

Re: Brandwashed

Thanks mamaJ I think I will check this out didn't know that the brand wash is a form of brainwash on consumors wow.

chrissanne
  • 01-18-2012 10:06 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Sounds interesting as I hate being manipulated!   All the copies are currently checked out in our library system.  I put in a hold, but have six ahead of me.  Appreciate the heads up.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 01-23-2012 10:34 PM In reply to

Thank you for this! I am going to try to get it tomorrow. I love books like these.

• 01-23-2012 10:39 PM In reply to

seaturtle this is a good read if you can get it go to the library free check out......

And Im on hold for this one I am kinda want to know how we all became brain washed over this we just scratched the surface on this,.

chrissanne
  • 01-24-2012 2:06 PM In reply to

I've finished the book and still recommend it... My family is getting an earful from me now every time we watch TV together. "We're being manipulated!"

• 01-25-2012 9:24 PM In reply to

Library does not have it (too new), but they will order it for their permanent collection.

• 01-25-2012 9:33 PM In reply to

Oh gee really sissy waiting on hers I think ten others are waiting for it too.

• 02-14-2012 11:50 AM In reply to

• Nija
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-14-2012
    • Posts 3

• 02-25-2012 12:54 AM In reply to

Thank you for the information. I think brandwashed is another therm for brainwashed done by businessmen to their customers. I will definitely read this. :D

http://www.jafrum.com

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us