Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Free Wedding Site

Last post 01-19-2012 5:20 PM by Helene. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2012 3:57 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Free Wedding Site

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service that offers free wedding sites and guestbooks?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 01-15-2012 9:54 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

Re: Free Wedding Site

Anyone?

• 01-15-2012 10:22 AM In reply to

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • Posts 983

Sorry Brandy, I didn't click on this before because I didn't need one.  I didn't realize you were looking for one! Try www.theknot.com  That's what a family member recently used. It's free to members, and the membership is free.  You can pay extra to to personalize the web address.

"...for the happy heart, life is a continual feast. Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil." Proverbs 15:15b-16 NLT

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.--Winston Churchill
  • 01-15-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • Posts 983

This isn't for the website itself, but here are a few sites you might find useful for the wedding--you can buy (and then resell) wedding and reception items.

http://www.bridetobrideboutique.com/

http://www.recycledbride.com/

www.bravobride.com

"...for the happy heart, life is a continual feast. Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil." Proverbs 15:15b-16 NLT

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.--Winston Churchill
  • 01-15-2012 11:17 AM In reply to

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • Posts 983

I knew it was there but still had a hard time finding it on the main page.  It is in tiny writing (maybe I need glasses) at the top.

Here's a direct link to the info.  http://wedding.theknot.com/our-wedding-website.aspx

I know back when I was planning a wedding, individual stores where I considered registering also let you have a free website.

• 01-17-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

Thank you for the information. My daughter set up a site for herself but she is having trouble with it. I thought there might be something easier to use out there.

• 01-18-2012 3:16 PM In reply to

My daugheter is going to get engaged this year. She's very happy about it. So when she has finished her exams, we will definitely have a look at these sites for some ideas. We are already peeping here and there, but she doesn't have much time for it right now.

More than the engagement preparations, I think of all the things a young woman has to know to run a household... She helps very well with the chores, but how will she manage to do ALL those things, every day, when she is busy continuing her studies, working, having a family and trying to be a good wife and mother... Obviously I and her sisters will have to be around in the background to give her a hand here and there if she needs to... or wants to... Maybe it will be fun... At least, I am quite happy about her choice of man... very helpful and kind in a practical manner... talking with her all the time and bringing or sending her her favourite foods from his mother or take outs, when she is studying and has a fancy for something.

Is your daughter going to get married, Brandy, or is she setting up her site just for the fun of it?Big Smile Good luck with either the site or the wedding!!!

• 01-19-2012 8:43 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

Helene:
    Is your daughter going to get married, Brandy

Yes, my daughter is engaged to be married this December.

She has already been living on her own for sometime so mine has run her own household but marriage is still a big step.

• 01-19-2012 5:20 PM In reply to

Congratulations, Brandy! How nice! I hope we will hear more about it as plans progress!

I have a plan to let my daughter take over the most part of the household work, or let's say, do all the chores during one day a week, to get accustomed to the planning and running needed... She truly has no clue to what it really takes... It's a little bit hard to implement at the moment, though, as it would seem unfair to her that her sisters wouldn't have to pitch in...  Well, there is still plenty of time, so we'll think of something...

But I have to begin saving up for it this very day... 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us