Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

2012 Crafting..share your ideas, projects, pictures..

Last post 02-08-2012 11:46 AM by jayashiangel. 178 replies.
Page 1 of 18 (179 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2012 11:10 PM

2012 Crafting..share your ideas, projects, pictures..

Time for a new thread for 2012..share your projects, ideas, cool finds, websites etc.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 01-02-2012 3:29 PM In reply to

Re: 2012 Crafting..share your ideas, projects, pictures..

My project is what I call a Mini Cowl. It's knitted. Materials needed: # 10 knitting needles, a ball of cotton yarn, or a skein of acrylic yarn. Cast on 14 stitches. Knit 82 rows. Bind off. Sew the two ends together, using the whip stitch. Turn right side out. You really can't see the seam. Slip it over your head, keeps your neck warm, or wear it on your head put it across your ears, keeps your ears warm. Or use it as a eye mask, while sleeping during the day. Wear it across your eyes.  sarahknits

Filed under:
  • 01-02-2012 7:36 PM In reply to

Photobucket

Crocheted this Burgundy Hoodie Cowl to keep from having both a hat and a neck warmer this is for an requested order.

Photobucket

This pattern I came up with myself and it seem pretty good not great but with a few adjustment round/rows it should work out well. They are the same cowl just the second picture came out more RED...

Update I wanted to check out what these sell for on Esty I was shocked...$38 for one!!! HOLYCr*P It only cost me sometime and $2.33 plus tax to make...

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/

Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 3
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• 01-02-2012 10:34 PM In reply to

www.loinbrandyarns.com I got a pattern there to do its a binnie Im doing a scarf next Im not good at posting pick but I sure can tell about the web its a free site to sign up for.

• 01-03-2012 1:12 AM In reply to

nice! there is lots of the cowl patterns out there.

• 01-03-2012 2:25 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

You guys amaze me!  I couldn't do that no matter how hard I tried.  I have a vague memory of a step-grandma trying to teach me to knit when I was very young.  What a mess.  I ended up bawling cause I couldn't do it & trust me, snotty noses and yarn don't mix!  i'm going to check in on this one though as I love looking at the projects, so I hope there will be lots of pictures!

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 01-03-2012 5:40 PM In reply to

My projects:

Finish sewing the braided rug I started long ago ...

Put my little quilt together and start hand quilting

Sew curtains for the living room (as soon as I find the material)

As usual, got a bunch of mending and patching to catch up on...

• 01-08-2012 3:26 PM In reply to

Photobucket 

Photobucket

I had a few people suggest a scarf w/ a hat attached so here is a hoodie & scarf..It went together very quickly only issue is a pointy part in the back after whip stitching it together yet it's just perfect for donating or giving as a gift :O)

Update I checked out the price of these on Esty today as well they sell any where from $25 to $80 depending on the yarn used the cost to me for Red Heart Super Saver yarn at Walmart was $2.33 per ball only 2 was needed..

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/

Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 3
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• 01-08-2012 11:39 PM In reply to

nice!   my hands can't crochet as much as the past.   I was going to make a throw but I see a shawl that is neat in the book I got from the library based on jane austen designs. 

• 01-25-2012 10:25 AM In reply to

finally started my throw for the living room..leaf green homespun yarn in a shell lacy pattern..nice and easy!

Page 1 of 18 (179 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us