Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What's For Dinner, The Winter Edition

Last post 03-13-2012 8:25 AM by Brandy. 1436 replies.
Page 1 of 144 (1437 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2011 8:53 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

What's For Dinner, The Winter Edition

We seem to get excited about food so here is our winter edition of the ongoing discussion of dinner.

So what are you eating?

And if it's good, can you invite us over or at least share your recipes in our recipe forum.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 12-01-2011 9:15 AM In reply to

Re: What's For Dinner, The Winter Edition

We're going to have homemade pizza tonight, at the request of my 9yo.
  • 12-01-2011 9:18 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

I am still trying to decide what to cook. I want something that we can make several meals of, maybe stew.

• 12-01-2011 10:46 AM In reply to

Last night I made a ham.  We had ham with pineapple sauce, baked potatoes with sour cream, and roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and onion.  It was a very yummy dinner.

Tonight we might use up some of the ham, then I'll freeze leftovers for the week of the 13th.

• 12-01-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

At my house:  Pork loin chops with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy. Served with "Tangy Cabbage"  sort of an Asian-inspired red cabbage slaw...

• 12-01-2011 5:20 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

I decided to make spaghetti. I think green beans, salad and garlic bread will be the sides.

• 12-01-2011 7:33 PM In reply to

lol brandy you confused me again the winter addition of dinner now thought its still fall addition...lol

Ok terriokkey chicken salad with dressing on it one scope rice and chicken to go with it and egg flower soup.

• 12-01-2011 8:56 PM In reply to

Welcome Winter and food lovin' forum friends! Thanks for the winter edition Brandy.

Tonight is A-Whole-Lotta-Italian because like Momma always says... "If a little is GOOD than A LOT has gotta be better!"

• Take your pick platter: grapes, olives, dates, plums
    • Steamed fresh spinach and zucchini with evoo, lemon and garlic salt/pepper
    • Organic baby arugula/frisee/radicchio mix w/mushrooms and avocado
    • BB's secret slow simmered creamy zesty herb tomato soup
    • Entree is spaghetti with BB's special sweet n spicy Italian sausage red sauce with lots of red onion and fresh hunks of garlic... poured over top of some premium pasta spaghetti noodles with parmesan cheese on top and a side of soft rolls I added butter, select Italian herbs and minced garlic too. Yum! Perfect to lap up some of the chunky meat sauce! Double yum!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 12-02-2011 1:20 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

we are having dinner with friends tonight she an amazing cook and promises good food ..

foot not  she made some Latin American food .. wonderful rice dish and some of the best black beans I ever had

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 12-02-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

While straightening out the freezer side of my fridge, I came across a container of diced ham, leftovers from the last time I baked ham. So the meal yesterday was a casserole, cheesey mac with ham and mixed veges and the rest of the honey oat bread.
    Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
Page 1 of 144 (1437 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us