Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

CHEAP Turkey and Ham at TARGET

Last post Wed, Nov 16 2011 6:03 PM by gayla50. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 8:12 PM

CHEAP Turkey and Ham at TARGET

Earlier I was DOWN IN THE DUMPS over the price of ham. I went to Target to stock up on some sales and was delighted to see whole hams on sale for 1.87lb or so!!! That is killer good compared to the other store prices for hams right now. Safeway considers over 2.50 a lb a "sale" - no thanks. I got a nice 10lb ham for 22 bucks, what a deal! I am so happy and kicking off the caveman ham blues now lol

I also wanted to share that they have frozen turkeys for 97 cents a lb - I have not seen them cheaper elsewhere, that is an incredible deal. STOCK UP while supplies last.

Sales good until the day after Thanksgiving.

I have my ham in the fridge taking a nice nap until Thanksgiving.

And before I go, I am a total lush for Stove Top Stuffing. I honestly went to Target just to stock up on it because it's on sale for 89 cents a box... it's just something I can't live without and a treat to me like how cake or pie would be to someone. It's an unhealthy addiction but this time of year is induldge so i stock up and then jazz the stuffing up all fancy but use it as the base. I cheat this way, yes but I gots to have me my Stove Top!!!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:24 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Re: CHEAP Turkey and Ham at TARGET

good deals!  what type of ham?  here the prices change depending on the ham style.    stove top stuffing is 99 cents in the holiday season.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:43 PM In reply to

I thought the Safeway turkeys were less right now? Although that's a nice deal on ham!
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:53 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

turkey here will be between $1.08 to $1.28 for Butterbell .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 9:58 PM In reply to

Spider, Safeway turkeys are on sale. I never said they weren't so no worries about that. I was saying their HAMS are on "sale" for over 2.50 a lb and that's a rip off compared to Target's sale.

I was just pointing out that Target has them on sale for 97cents a lb and that is the cheapest I have seen, next runner up is 99cents a lb at other grocery stores but Target, from all my scouting, has the best deal per lb around here. Turkeys are on cheapppp sale though everywhere right now. It's the ham that I was majorly concerned about and so relieved now.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Nov 7 2011 10:07 PM In reply to

Martha,Archer Farms Spiral Ham... I picked the biggest one I could find which was 10lbs

Stove top on sale here 88 cents at Safeway and Target

• Safway only allows you 8 boxes at that price when shopping, Target is unlimited and has a better selection.

• "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:20 AM In reply to

KWEEEEOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL gonna get me a turkey thanks b.b oh a hamm sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Goes to mom for this month dad don't like turkey to much living on a turkey farm back in the fourties didn't help.

chrissanne
  • Tue, Nov 8 2011 1:36 AM In reply to

Oh my goodness, it was a SPIRAL ham for that price!?  Big Smile  I need to get myself to the store!
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Tue, Nov 8 2011 5:56 AM In reply to

Spider, please go check them out before supplies end! The store guy warned me to buy now and not even wait a week. They also have a lot of great grocery price cut finds right now and the turkeys are a good deal. I am sure though there are even cheaper deals like the turkeys already priced per weight range. I know Safeway had a lot of good offers on pre-priced but didn't calculate out the price per lb doing it that way. Anyhow, ham it up at Target! I will double check my ham to make sure I have the correct info as I couldn't find the ham online.

This is what I bought, I just checked the ham:

Archer Farms Spiral Sliced Honey Ham

21.66 and 11.46lbs

So basically 22 bucks for a 11 1/2lb HAM!!!

• Thu, Nov 10 2011 5:10 PM In reply to

BTW:  for those who have Kroger or stores owned by Kroger, they're selling turkey at 69 cents a pound, but you  have to buy an additional $25 of food....   One of my regional supermarkets has it at 57 cents a pound, same restrictions...

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us