Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Homemade Balms

Last post Thu, Nov 3 2011 3:30 PM by Maggie Trudeau. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:38 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Homemade Balms

I have used Vaseline jelly as a balm but have not ventured farther into other ways to make my own.

Have you made balms? How is it done?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Nov 2 2011 1:37 AM In reply to

Re: Homemade Balms

I've used various mixes of beeswax and olive oil. But pop over to crunchybetty.com and look at her balm recipes. They look fab!
  • Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:02 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

I've too have only used beeswax and olive oil.  

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Thu, Nov 3 2011 3:30 PM In reply to

I'm having good luck with coconut oil (which is solid at room temperature...at least at the temperature of my  rooms).  I'm going to melt the next jar and put in some nicely scented essential oils.  it's in the aisle with the cooking oils.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us