Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Getting Rid of Bees

Last post 11-29-2011 1:52 AM by evaeli5252. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2011 10:54 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Getting Rid of Bees

A reader writes in with a problem. It sounds as if the house may be infested with carpenter bees and professionals have been unable to get rid of them. Has anyone had success with exterminating bees? How is it done?

I have been trying to get bees off my house for the last 7 years. I've had the house treated 5 times and called the bee exterminator 3 times. No luck. The bees come back to the very same area. This year, after the exterminator came I had the whole front house outside wall replaced with new wood material, 4/5 months later bees returned. I've also replaced the inside sheetrock twice. I've tried to get them on my own since the expert on bees have not. I've tried on my own but I've had no luck. I can't affort treatment every 4 months. I heard from a neighbor prior owners have had the same problem.
    I think there must be a way to get rid of the bees. I need help. Can anyone help?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-16-2011 11:58 PM In reply to

Re: Getting Rid of Bees

I recommend searching online for your local beekeepers guild or beekeepers organization. These people care about bees and will collect a swarm for you and relocate. Some members charge a fee, some don't. So feel free to look at their membership list, and send email or call. These people are generally very knowledgeable about bees, and could give recommendations about your house or landscaping that may be attracting the bees, and how not to look attractive.
  • 11-25-2011 6:26 AM In reply to

Do some]background check why those bees keep on coming back to your house. maybe you have to see the real cause of their continuous appearance. Also, when you exterminate them, try not to put some flowers or anything associated with nectar near the area.
  • 11-29-2011 1:52 AM In reply to

You really need to find out the real cause of their repeated appearance. I guess that area is damp and cool, that’s why bees continue to show-up there. In case I am right, then make the place somewhat hotter to drive them away.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us