Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

EGG NOG!!!

Last post 10-11-2011 7:21 PM by gayla50. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2011 6:13 PM

EGG NOG!!!

Pass the egg nog... recipes that is. I am looking for a killer good knock your socks off egg nog recipe that puts store bought nog to SHAME.

Gayla, a little help here? I trust you with my hands behind my back. You are the RECIPE QUEEN of course!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 10-09-2011 6:32 PM In reply to

Re: EGG NOG!!!

I stay away from it ,its fattening and I don't want fire water in it someone did that to me once and thats the relapse I have of old drinking days its good to good so I prefer to stay away from it kinda tastey for a day like this plain. From the carton.

• 10-09-2011 6:50 PM In reply to

Cindy, it can be made with almond or hemp milk, still very delicious.. or soy... does not have to be fattening if tweaked in recipe. I only drink NON alcoholic egg nog. I DO NOT permit ANY alcohol over here and STAY CLEAR FROM IT. I can't stand it what so ever and want nothing to do with it, can't be around people drinking either, major trigger from bad past memories and growing up around it and how it ruins people and lives. Unhealed childhood wounds my friend.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 10-09-2011 7:12 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I just posted three in fall/winter drinks ..  I love the stuff .

Easy Holiday Eggnog (My Favorite )
    6 eggs
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    4 cups of milk

Dash of powdered nutmeg

Blender method: Blend eggs, sugar, salt with 1 cup milk until light and smooth.
    Add mixture to rest of milk and stir.

If you don't have a blender you can mix by hand or with a egg beater or mixer. I pour it all into a container and just shake it.

Happy Times Egg Nog
    6 eggs
    6 tablespoons sugar
    6 oz Bourbon Whiskey
    1 pint whipped cream
    Nutmeg

Separate eggs, beat whites until very stiff. Beat yolks until lemon colored and thick, gradually adding sugar while beating. Add whiskey, a tablespoon at a time, then fold in beaten egg whites and whipped cream. Serve in punch cups, sprinkled with nutmeg.

Egg Nog with No Eggs
    5 1/2 cups milk
    1 pkg (4 serving size) of instant French vanilla pudding mix.
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
    Crushed striped peppermint candy
    8 striped peppermint sticks or candy canes

In a blender container combine about half of the milk, pudding mix, sugar, and peppermint extract, then cover and blend till smooth. Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in the remaining milk. Cover and chill till serving time. To serve, stir and pour into glasses. Sprinkle with crushed candy. If desired, serve with peppermint sticks as stirrers

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 10-09-2011 8:25 PM In reply to

lol love the stuff but just buy it ..it is on sale normally so with the price of eggs etc works out the same and doesn't go bad fast.  I am the only one that drinks it.  put rum in sometimes.

waiting for the eggnog cheesecake.....have pumpkin cheesecake for the holiday.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 10-09-2011 8:30 PM In reply to

Oh yum cindy I know you did a big no no on that 13 years ago kiddo you are doing good a brownie buttin and a kick in the dairey air...

Hemp milk hmmm we will give a shot big B both her and I will she likes hemp milk almond thats so it won't affect her.

chrissanne
  • 10-10-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    . I only drink NON alcoholic egg nog.

I am not against alcohol in managed amounts but it does not belong in my egg nog. Ruins the flavor.

The last canned egg nog I bought did not taste as it used to. Does anyone know if Borden's has changed how they make it?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-10-2011 11:32 AM In reply to

My question....do you use pasturized eggs or pasturize them yourself?  Concerns about samonella. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 10-10-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

Babs that's a great question. Gayla raises her own chicken and gets fresh farm eggs from her farm, right? I know they are SOOO blessed over there! Amen to God. I read on an egg nog recipe site to only use pasturized... other sites boil... I would not be able to stomach raw egg.  Gayla posted three recipes for egg nog on another post. I will add the link. One is eggless, she's so clever!

• 10-10-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us