Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

No Spend * Sept 24 - Oct 1 *

Last post Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:49 PM by sissy. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 28 2011 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: No Spend * Sept 24 - Oct 1 *

9/25 - Spend (groceries)
    9/26 - No Spend
    9/27 - Spend (20.00 school contribution
    9/28 - No Spend

I am looking forward to no spend today and tomorrow.   All food from home and I am going straight home so no temptations in my way!

There is a small film festival I may have to spring for this weekend and gas to get there, but I have friends presenting!

Dawn

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:13 AM In reply to

DMC Thank you, I do feel much better today and look forward to getting some stuff done.

Today will be a no spend day.  I'm going to stay home all day cleaning my house and getting my laundry caught up.  Have a few outside chores I'd like to do but I think I might still be to wet from all the rain we've had in the last week.  Might have to hold off on those until tomorrow or Saturday.  All food will be from home today.

9/25 no spend
    9/26 budgeted spend
    9/27 budgeted spend
    9/28 no spend
    9/29 no spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:25 AM In reply to

9/25 - Spend (groceries)
    9/26 - No Spend
    9/27 - Spend (20.00 school contribution)
    9/28 - No Spend
    9/29 - No Spend

Glad to hear you are feeling better SJ!!!   You are doing really well this week!!!

I don't think I will be spending much in the next few days, just tickets to film festival and thats it.  I have enough stock at home as well and I don't have any grocery shopping to do either!  Hope nothing pops up!

Have a great day!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:01 PM In reply to

hey there day late and 200hundred short but no spend today only 2 days with out spending sick aye.

• Fri, Sep 30 2011 12:16 PM In reply to

9/25 - Spend (groceries)
    9/26 - No Spend
    9/28 - No Spend
    9/29 - No Spend   Spend
    9/30 - No Spend

Yesterday I ended up at the post office (long live the post office) and we got our passport applications/pictures all done!  300.00 later!  I had to take the money out of savings for it.  Bummer, but I have been wanting to get this done for so long... now the whole world is open to us!  I feel FREE!!!  Now I just have to decide where and when to go!   Mexico?  Europe?  Canada?  Woo hoo!!!  The world is our oyster baby!

Oh. okay, back to reality.  All food from home today! No spend day!   

;-)

• Fri, Sep 30 2011 4:13 PM In reply to

Reality who care about that I am gonna hang upside down and hide from reality today so no blow or a blow up my hidding place.

• Fri, Sep 30 2011 9:16 PM In reply to

Me  too.  I wil join you Ms. Chic!!   I am hiding.. not even going to the grocery store... gonna make do all weekend!  Ha

• Fri, Sep 30 2011 11:21 PM In reply to

25th no spend

26 no spend

27 spend

28 spend

29 no spend

30 rent money

oct. 1 no spend

oct 2 no spend

oct 3 spend food for my pantry and rent paid early

oct 4 credit card paid up

• Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:51 AM In reply to

9/25 - Spend (groceries)
    9/26 - No Spend
    9/28 - No Spend
    9/29 - No Spend Spend (passports)
    9/30 - No Spend
    10/1 - No Spend

Good job Chic, looks like a great plan.  I actually have  pc job today, so an earning day to boot!

It looks like the other stretchers out there are questioning "no spend days"!  YAY!!!!  Inflation fighter  Good for them~  It really works.  Some folks on the internet go months, instead of days!

4 no spend days!  Not bad, but need to go for more next week!  Stick out tongue

• Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:46 PM In reply to

$250.00 yrsh blew that needed everything good thing I save tips and make the boyfriend take me out twice a month..Devil

chrissanne
Page 2 of 3 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us