Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Facial Cleaning Cloths

Last post 10-02-2011 11:54 AM by bnfrugal. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (38 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2011 1:13 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Facial Cleaning Cloths

A reader needs help in saving money on personal products. Can you help with sharing your facial cleaning methods or ingredients for homemade  scrubs, cleansers and masks?

"What can you use in place of expensive face cleaning cloths?"

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 09-14-2011 7:58 AM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-04-2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,928

Re: Facial Cleaning Cloths

A washcloth, warm water, and facial cleanser of choice.  Wink

My personal favorite is a store brand "buff puff", and Dove Beauty Bar for Sensitive Skin, fragrance free. 

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• 09-14-2011 8:22 AM In reply to

Yes, a washcloth. 

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • 09-14-2011 9:56 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

rolo:
    My personal favorite is a store brand "buff puff", and Dove Beauty Bar

I like hot water to open the pores and a washcloth with Dove on it for scrubbing then rinse with cold water.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 09-14-2011 11:32 AM In reply to

Witch hazel is the common ingredient used in most facial astringents, if you have oily skin.  Buy if for pennies on the dollar and skip the brand-name stuff.  It's also the main ingredient in Tucks wipes, but that's a whole 'nother post :-)  Liz.

• 09-14-2011 12:42 PM In reply to

• mum2four
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-26-2009
    • So. California
    • Posts 332

I just was my face with a castile goats milk and olive oil soap.  Very gentle on the skin.

themusingsofavintageheart.blogspot.com
  • 09-15-2011 11:38 PM In reply to

Is there a reason she must use the cloths (skin condition, e.g.)? I use plain old soap and water.

• 09-18-2011 10:53 PM In reply to

Last month I found the answer to this dilema. I had been using Face cloths, paper towels and eye makeup removal pads for my eyes.

I found by chance watching a Youtuber talking about this product and now  its in my top 5 favorite beuty products of all time.

Its  a facial cleansing cloth that first and foremost is cheap cheap cheap , 2nd I can buy it at Walmart so I do not have to go out of my way to find it, 3rd its multi use. Because they are so easy to use and leave my skin feeling so nice I wash my face more than ever before and never go to bed with makeup on now.

These cloths (do not) require you to add water they are like using a baby wipe on your face but much nicer. They remove eye makeup like nothing I have ever used before and without stinging, the have a slightly beaded texture that is gentle yet exfoliates, they leave your face with a balanced feel so you could still add your favorite moisturizer aftwards or you could use nothing depending on your skin type. 

The package contains 120 wipes for $6 conatians vitamin E and Green Tea and is unscented which is better for your skin  . I stick the whole package inside a cottonelle flushable wipes dispenser since they are the same size and the new dispensers are so pretty. At this price you are getting 4-5x the ammount for your money comapred to Olay, RoC  etc.

Equate With Chamomile, Vitamin E & Triple Tea Complex Facial Cleansing Towelettes 2 pk

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-With-Chamomile-Vitamin-E-Triple-Tea-Complex-Facial-Cleansing-Towelettes-2-pk/11047656?findingMethod=rr

They are in the aisle where you find facial cleansing products

• 09-18-2011 11:39 PM In reply to

I have found that an exfoliating sponge bought in a TWO PACK at Walmart for $1.86 is a good choice. Then I use a dab of good quality liquid soap. to wash my face, and neck area. I also use it to exfoliate my upper chest that was getting the dreaded "turkey bumps" that tend to come with age. Sometimes the exfoliating pads are not available they will sometimes be out of stock. In that case I use the exfoliating gloves that can be purchased in a 2 pack for $1 at Dollar Tree. I moisturize daily, both on my face and body. My body lotion I buy at Walmart and it has Hemp in it. My skin is SO soft. For my face I use Guarnier moisturizer, in the little green pump container. I use only tinted moisturizer, lip gloss, a little eye shadow and mascara. If I want a little color I will dust on some light facial bronzer. If I need blush I have a tube of .99 cent lipstick that I place a dot on my cheeks and blend. It works great. Also if I am going to be home and not going out I do not apply full makeup, just plain untinted moisturizer and a little mascara and chapstick, For my hair which is naturally curly, I wash it with shampoo every 3rd day and condition it every day. And I use Argon oil on it to help keep it moisturized. This routine was recommended by my stylist. On days that I am not going out I will just brush my hair back into a pony tail and tuck on one of my many baseball caps. In the past couple of years I have streamlined my personal routine, and the number of products I use. It has really paid off, and I still look good.  Now instead of a shower FULL of stuff I have just a shampoo, conditioner and a body soap, razor and exfoliating sponge or glove.

• 09-18-2011 11:54 PM In reply to

cosmetologists advise against using a washcloth for everyday facial cleansing. They are to harsh on the skin for everyday use.

Page 1 of 4 (38 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us