Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

No Spend * Sept 11 - 17 *

Last post 09-17-2011 11:21 PM by sissy. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2011 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: No Spend * Sept 11 - 17 *

DMC I love to redecorate/rearrange my stuff too.  Most of the time I just reuse what I already have, just in a different room.  But I don't have anything that will work in the bathroom so I'm on the hunt for something "new", well, since it will be second hand, at least new to me.  I didn't find what I was looking for yesterday for the bathroom but I did find a couple things to add to my pansy collection.  Pansies are my favorite flower and I collect decorative items with pansies on them.  Found a small shell shapped dish and a nice "watercolor" looking print, spent only $10 but doesn't count toward spending because I use my "pocket money" not budgeted funds. 

Today will be a no spend day.  Staying home except for bible study this evening.  Have gotten several things done I have been putting off this week and still had time to play in my craft room and on the computer for a while.  All meals with the exception of DS#2's (who had a yearbook field trip today) lunch will be from home. I paid for DS#2's lunch a couple weeks ago with I sent in the field trip money. 

09/11 spend
    09/12 budgeted spend
    09/13 no spend
    09/14 no spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • 09-15-2011 9:36 AM In reply to

9/14 was a no spend day for me! 

• 09-15-2011 10:28 AM In reply to

9/11 - Spend
    9/12 - No Spend
    9/13 - No Spend
    9/14 - Spend
    9/15 - No Spend

Did some shopping last night, more than I wanted, but I always do at the stupid grocery store.  Its food, so it will be eaten. But....

Anyway, I just don't have to buy as much this weekend!  I did forget a couple of things though.  Doh

Should be no spend today and tomorrow for sure!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• 09-15-2011 10:40 PM In reply to

Hi dmc didn't see you lurking around here with the thread no spend 3 day for me

chrissanne
  • 09-16-2011 8:05 AM In reply to

Well, Thursday turned in to a spend day, not an impulse spend day, but still a spend day.  Wednesday night when we pulled into the church parking lot my truck was spewing coolant everywhere.  DH said "bad water pump", found the reciept and got a replacement waterpump for no money out since it was under a lifetime warranty.  Did have to spend some on a gasket, thermostat and some gasket sealant. DH puts the water pump on and then discovers that I have in his words, "another problem".  So we had the truck towed home where DH would have access to his tools and DH could work on it in the garage, $40 for towing.  Since it was late when we finally got the truck home DH was unable to fully take everything apart to diagnose the "other problem".  We were able to borrow a vehicle today and DH will resume working on it in the morning.  Not sure what the "other problem" is going to entail but will deal with that when we figure out what is wrong with it.  With my truck not running that leaves us with only one vehicle and two people who have to be somewhere (DH & DS#2) we borrowed DH's brother's beater truck, doesn't look too pretty but gets you from point A to point B and right now that is all that matters. 

Today I'm going to spend all day at home so at least today will be a no spend day. 

09/11 spend
    09/12 budgeted spend
    09/13 no spend
    09/14 no spend
    09/15 spend for truck repair
    09/16 no spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • 09-16-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

9/11 - Spend
    9/12 - No Spend
    9/13 - No Spend
    9/14 - Spend
    9/15 - No Spend
    9/16 - No Spend

Hoping no spend.  Tonight DD might have a friend over and if she does, I might get them pizza, but then again, I do have a package of something in the freezer I can whip up that would be okay. Crossed fingers.  Really don't want to spend today.

SJ, thank goodness you had that reciept!!!!  Woot!

Sissy, I try to always show up here, this is the place.  It grounds me and keeps me conscious of my spending.  Really helps!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• 09-16-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

Had no money to spend for over a week.  Sold my laundry cupboard and will get $15 worth of groceries today.  Need the other $15 to complete my car insurance and scooter insurance debits that are coming out from my bank account over the weekend.  Managing one day at a time right now but a lot better than before.  Sally.
  • 09-17-2011 9:34 PM In reply to

9/11 - Spend
    9/12 - No Spend
    9/13 - No Spend
    9/14 - Spend
    9/15 - No Spend
    9/16 - Spend... changed!  Whoops
    9/17 - Spend.  A new goodwill opened and we picked up a couple of things.  Also my prescriptions.

And... bought a couple lottery tickets.  Hey, you can't win if you don't play!  ;-)

See you tomorrow for new week. 
    But it wil be a spend for a few more grocery items.

Is it me, or is groceries costing more.

• 09-17-2011 11:21 PM In reply to

1. is for the money

2. is for the show

3. to get ready

4. no show for money I didn't blow any money.Geeked

chrissanne
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us