Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Fall Decor 2011 what do you do?

Last post Sat, Sep 3 2011 11:21 AM by MarthaMFI. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 1 2011 12:02 PM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Fall Decor 2011 what do you do?

Not that it feels like fall yet though the stores have halloween stuff out for a couple of weeks already!

What do you do for fall decor?  I switch my wreaths/door hangings on the doors and buy some mums for outside.  I think I have some indoor decor too...have to check lol..I know I have a scarecrow from micheals somewhere. have to see because I got lots of cheap deals on fall/halloween stuff last year.

What do you do?

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Thu, Sep 1 2011 12:32 PM In reply to

• Lee
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 23 2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 1,356

Re: Fall Decor 2011 what do you do?

I have a life size scarecrow that I bought at Joann's several years ago that I sit on the park bench on my front porch. I have some fake mums and sunflowers that I put in my flower pots in my flower garden and planters on my porch railings. I have a several large fake pumpkins that are arranged by my front door. I have a flag pole that I hang a fall welcome flag, except on game days then I hang my Tech flag.

Inside the house, I have a large pumpkin from Hobby Lobby that has the initial of our last name on it. It sits on our mantle surrounded by smaller pumpkins. I have a Halloween scene that I set out on my buffet in the dinning room. MIL gave me a large fall wreath for the front door and I have a fall centerpiece that goes on the dining room table with a fall table runner.  I also have various other pumpkins, scarecrows, etc. displayed in a small corner of my kitchen counter with a light that operates on a timer. 

• Thu, Sep 1 2011 1:59 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

I forgot I have fake mums too...got a great deal at micheals on things $1 each ... the halloween decor is a whole other ball game lol.   waiting to see if we have an indian summer before putting anything up.

• Fri, Sep 2 2011 10:51 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Halloween is my favorite and each year I say I'm going to petition to have it made a federally recognized holiday.  Decorating is over the top, little tombstones all over the yard, Ghosts hanging from trees, rubber chickens upside down on the chicken's fence, motion activated scary noises, etc.  

That wouldn't be a big deal, except I live so secluded that only us & one set of neighbors see them.  

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Fri, Sep 2 2011 11:18 PM In reply to

I have a fall wreath of leaves & pinecones that goes on the door.  The matching candle rings go over the candles on the piano, 3-corner cupboard & side bar table.  We have had the wreath & candel rings for years - I bought them on clearance at Rite Aid years ago for 75% off.  The wreath was a couple dollars & the candle rings were around 75 cents.  I also have an orange fake pumpkin from one of the thrift stores, & we usually have one or two pumpkins from the garden as well.

• Fri, Sep 2 2011 11:44 PM In reply to

Wait ah darn minute martha its still summer or is it????? Is this year doing a fly by I guess so then I make a bird for the deli a great big turkey with my boss's face on it serve him right.

chrissanne
  • Sat, Sep 3 2011 11:21 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

lol tell that to the stores!  value village has only 66 days to halloween have you got your costume signs!  halloween candy out for weeks already. way too early!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us