Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

No Spend * Aug 14 - 20 *

Last post Sat, Aug 20 2011 11:09 PM by sissy. 29 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 18 2011 4:09 PM In reply to

Re: No Spend * Aug 14 - 20 *

Wow---I think I actually had a no spend day yesterday!  The only thing I have to buy today is gas for the van.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 5:50 PM In reply to

• Momof2
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 4 2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 990

dmc, I am glad your test turned out well and I hope your meds kick in soon.

ShielaJean2, thank you for your kind words and I know you are right, it is just so frustrating even though everything is necessary and we do have the money for it.

I should have known that this would not be a successful no spend week. Dd started her first year of college classes and the first week always has things needed for classes regardless of how well one plans.

I was out of the house all day yesterday and was exhausted when I finally got home so never posted. Needless to say, it was a spend day as was today. I start my classes next week and I am determined to just wait until I have been to all of my classes before I buy items needed for any of them that way I can contain the spending to one day instead of everyday.

08/14- No spend

08/15- Spend (gas and school items)

08/16- Spend (oil change)

08/17- Spend (gas and I will need it again either tomorrow or Saturday)

08/18- Spend (school items and nails to hang an item on the wall)

Shannon
  • Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:16 PM In reply to

How can I blow the money no money to blow so Im screwed this week and no spend.

• Fri, Aug 19 2011 8:29 AM In reply to

Today will be another no spend day for me.  Going to stay home and finish my cleaning.  I did get the furniture rearranged last night with DH's help. It all worked out like I had hoped and I'm happy with the results.  Did get DH to go through some of his paperwork last night and he gave me a pile of shredding that I will do this morning.  Them I'm going to spend the rest of the day working in my craft room.  I have a project almost finished and I want to get it done today.  All food will be from home today with the exception of DS#2's supper.  He has a youth group function and supper will be provided, so no money out for that.

I'm going to go ahead and post for Satuday because I doubt I will have time to post.  Saturday is going to be a budgeted spend day.  DH & I are having a "day-trip date" with about 30 other people from church.  DH will be driving one of the church vans, so no money out for gas. But we will probably eat all three meals out and we might spend a little bit of money depending on what we find.  I have been saving for this trip for a while so everything will be paid with cash.  I'm looking forward to a nice day with DH and our friends.  I just hope the rain they are calling for holds off until late afternoon. 

08/14 no spend
    08/15 budgeted spend
    08/16 budgeted spend
    08/17 no spend
    08/18 no spend
    08/19 no spend
    08/20 budgeted spend

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • Fri, Aug 19 2011 10:57 AM In reply to

8/14 - Spend Groceries
    8/15 - No Spend
    8/16 - No Spend
    8/17 - Spend (25.00)
    8/18 - No Spend
    8/19 - Spend (5.00) for prescription

That is it for the day though. I went home last night and made up the pork chops so tonight I just have to nuke dinner.  I made rice in some broth and some veggies as well, so all is ready to go.  Love five minute dinners... esp. on Friday night when I am so tired.

SheilaJean, glad that rearrangement worked out for you.  I need to organize and clean this weekend as well as spend time with DD shopping for  school.

Never enough time in the day.  All in all looking back this week has been a pretty low spend except for the groceries!  ;-)  But that means very low this weekend.  I am pretty stocked up.

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 12:35 AM In reply to

Devil flirting with the guy docters today and had an eye full going with the male nurses cool I would die a happy broad catching all those eye full watching them at work....

No spend today and tomorrow the diet coke run some day got to go to caffine addicts anamanouse admit Im an a caffine hound and make amends to the coffee pot when it will get the shock of its life with decaf going and diet coke habbit is getting expesive or wire this jaw shut one or another.

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 10:52 AM In reply to

8/14 - Spend Groceries
    8/15 - No Spend
    8/16 - No Spend
    8/17 - Spend (25.00)
    8/18 - No Spend
    8/19 - Spend (5.00) for prescription AND more! 
    8/20 - Spend (more school stuff and a movie)

I ended up taking DD to dinner last night, we split a plate of mexican.  I am finding that if we split it - still full and so much cheaper.  Anyway... that and went to one small mall and got a few things.

Today, going to take advantage of some coups and pick up a few more things.  I have been wanting a new coffee pot so I might cave.

See Chic, you are not the only caffiene addict!

;-)

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 8:26 PM In reply to

lol I know we both are shame on us huh??? we get back when the caffine is not coming we go to the caffine....

Ok blew almost 30.00 I had 4 days with out the spend this week but have to buckle up and save for a killer bill at the end of the month called the dentist --> uh yuck the dentist...

• Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:19 PM In reply to

• Momof2
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 4 2008
    • Florida
    • Posts 990

Wow, I actually had a no spend day yesterday!!! Today was a spend day. I had to get gas for my car again and I also picked up some new clothes for me ( 3 pairs of dress pants, 3 dress shirts, 1 skort, 1 skirt, 1 pair of walking shorts, and 2 pairs of dress shoes). I spent a little less than $140.00 for everything so I think I did fairly well.

08/14- No spend

08/15- Spend (gas and school items)

08/16- Spend (oil change)

08/17- Spend (gas and I will need it again either tomorrow or Saturday)

08/18- Spend (school items and nails to hang an item on the wall)

08/19- No spend

08?20- Spend

Shannon
  • Sat, Aug 20 2011 11:09 PM In reply to

zNo spend yesterday spend on the animals going on a date with bf sunday he is back in town.

chrissanne
Page 3 of 3 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 3
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us