Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Vinyl Siding Help

Last post Wed, Jul 13 2011 1:13 PM by Karen K. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 13 2011 11:11 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Vinyl Siding Help

One of our readers cleans her siding but is getting residue when she does. Can you help?

I have had vinyl siding on my house over 20 years. To clean it I use bleach and water. Let it set for 5 minutes, then rinse. I do this once a year. I noticed that when it dries you can take your hand or fingers and a chaulk film the same color of the siding is on my finger or hand. What can I do? My siding color is beige like a wood grain. The front of the house does get a lot of sun.
    BW

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Jul 13 2011 1:13 PM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 24 2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

Re: Vinyl Siding Help

I used to work at a wholesale building supply store and we sold a lot of vinyl siding.  The chalkiness on the siding is a problem that will never go away.  See if they still have a warranty on the siding (probably not if its over 20 yrs old).  Like roofing the product wears out and goes bad.  It's time to consider residing the house.
    Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us