Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Paid Surveys

Last post Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:07 AM by Bannetsmith. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 25 2011 2:36 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Paid Surveys

Sharon writes in about paid surveys. Do you do surveys for any of the companies that offer them? Are they worth the time?

Are doing surveys for money safe? Do they work? Can you really make money? Do you have a list of the best ones? Thank you. Sharon
    The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, May 25 2011 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Paid Surveys

I do a couple. Pinecone is the best. You get $3 per survey and sometimes free products to try. Not real timeconsuming. You don't get a ton of them so you won't get rich, but it adds up. Opinion Outpost is another I find worthwhile. 

Trying to Save in Pennsylvania
  • Wed, May 25 2011 5:08 PM In reply to

Consider it very casual income ... how much you make depends on what kind of folks they're looking for.  Pinecone is good, but you have to come across an invitation, or have someone refer you when they have enrollment. Most sites give you points for each survey, and you cash in when it hits a certain amound.  Check surveypolice.com for a list of reputable companies.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Fri, May 27 2011 8:30 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 25,145

I have been doing Pinecone surveys for years. It definitely is not a way to make some real extra income but when added to other things that make a little here and there, it can be a little extra to tuck away.

I think I am averaging $3 every month to month and a half with them now.

• Fri, May 27 2011 11:17 AM In reply to

• BBBinNC
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 2 2010
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Posts 1

If you live in a city that has 20/20 Research, Leibowitz Marketing or AOC, they pay well for focus groups. Visit their websites and create a profile that includes age, ***, family members, pets, etc. and they will email you periodically when you fit their demographics.  You have to go to their office but I have received between $75 and $300 per survey.  Topics have included cooking with Hunt's tomato products, pest control in your garden, green banking and BCBS insurance.  Not money you can count on nice when it works out.

• Mon, May 30 2011 11:46 AM In reply to

Paid surveys are a hit and miss situation.  I have done a few and earned a bit here & there but definitely nothing to jump up & down about.  You surely won't make any substantial money doing paid surveys, but you could earn some extra money at times if the programs are legit.  You really just have to do your research about these survey companies coz you definitely don't want to waste your time or be scammed!  All in all paid surveys/market research is a real industry but all programs that tout "paid surveys" are not real and genuine.  You can really need to get a broad view of opinions about paid surveys to learn from different peoples experiences.  I read up on this topic a at getpaidtotakesurveys.info

Oh, one more thing I must warn you is to never pay to take a survey.  That's a NO NO!  They  are supposed to pay you NOT the other way around.  So if it's not free to join, then run as fast as you can the other way..

http://debtconsolidationcure.com
    http://getpaidtotakesurveys.info
    http://pbclenders.com
  • Sun, Jun 19 2011 9:36 AM In reply to

I'm a member of several survey panels, and I spend a few hours each week responding to surveys. Although I get a lot of survey invitations (enough to make my in-box pretty cluttered if I'm away from home for several days), I only actually complete a fraction of those surveys.  More often than not, I'll be disqualified because I don't fit the demographic, or because I don't buy the type of products they're surveying about, or because I'm a member of the media and they don't trust me to keep my mouth shut. :-)  So the points don't add up as fast as you might expect them to, but they do add up eventually.  I agree with those who say that this should not be looked on as a serious income source; rather, it's a hobby that also offers the chance to make a few bucks.  Consulting my tax records, I find that since 2008 (when I started doing these regularly) I've made about $400 in rewards.  Not a lot, but an extra $10 a month or so to play with.  I often spend my reward points on things like gift cards for Starbucks or Amazon.com, since fancy coffees and new books are two treats I love but usually can't justify spending money on.  This way, they're freebies.  But of course I could use them for more practical things, like clothes, home supplies, or pet supplies.

My current list of survey panels includes: Harris Poll, Opinion Outpost, NFO MySurvey, GlobalTestMarket, and MyPoints (this one is not primarily for surveys; it's mostly a way to get points back when you buy things online, kind of like getting cash back with a credit card. You can also get a few points a day for viewing advertisements.)  These are all legitimate survey sites, and I have not been flooded with spam from them, other than the survey invitations themselves.  I have not tried Pinecone, but based on the other comments in this thread I will definitely check it out.

My Ecofrugal Living blog: ecofrugality.blogspot.com
  • Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:31 PM In reply to

LWolfT:

Pinecone is good, but you have to come across an invitation, or have someone refer you when they have enrollment.

Does anyone know where an invitation might be found?
    My Ecofrugal Living blog: ecofrugality.blogspot.com
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 8:37 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 25,145

Members are sent e-mails from time to time alerting them that membership is open. They can then refer friends.

• Mon, Jun 20 2011 8:02 PM In reply to

In the past, Pinecone also has run banner ads announcing that it was taking members ...  

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us