Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Father's Day Gifts

Last post Mon, Jun 20 2011 1:01 AM by dmc_2008. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 25 2011 8:19 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Father's Day Gifts

Father's day is coming up. Let's come up with some fantastic and frugal gifts!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, May 27 2011 8:15 AM In reply to

Re: Father's Day Gifts

We've been keeping things simple this year.  I think a breakfast in bed of HM sticky buns (a rare treat, but so delish) with a couple of cards will do it for us.  If there's time and resources, I can pair the sticky buns with a breakfast casserole.  Yumm!
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Sun, May 29 2011 10:54 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I buy DH new underware and socks , give him candy , and he get his favorite dinner ,  He will

of course want pie or something else and he get it too  .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Tue, May 31 2011 8:09 AM In reply to

We decided to give the dads/ menfolk in the family (my dad, DH, BIL, my ex -DD19's dad and my 14 yr old nephew) a joint experience gift.   They'll be going to the sporting club where DD19 works for an afternoon of archery, something they've all wanted to do but never tried.   DD gets a staff discount too. 

There is a huge saving by booking them as a group, probably half of what it would have cost to give them as individual gifts.  That saving doesn't include any staff discount.  The gift will end up costing about $12 - 15 per person

It's getting more and more difficult to find budget friendly Father's day gifts that they will actually enjoy.

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sun, Jun 5 2011 4:38 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

mmmm I guess I will have to ask lol   he hasn't said anything about what he wants for fathers day.  fil will get gift cards I guess and I have soap on a rope from the grandkids.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:30 AM In reply to

If your husband/dad spends most of his time in the office, get him something that will remind him of you when he’s at work. There are tons of office related gifts available that can be engraved with your personal message or name such as pens, business card holders and desk clocks, all of which will make suitable and memorable Father’s Day gifts. How about this business card holder ? These personalized gifts and many others are available at Personalized Gifts, they have a wide variety of these gift items.
  • Tue, Jun 14 2011 10:07 PM In reply to

• Harris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 12 2011
    • Posts 2

I plan to prepare a special dinner for my husband and a special gift as well. I got an affordabe phone for my husband, the Just5 cell phone. This is very reasonably priced and very practical in features, too, so I'm pretty sure it will make his day.

Brandy:

Father's day is coming up. Let's come up with some fantastic and frugal gifts!

• Wed, Jun 15 2011 10:53 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

dh doesn't know what he wants so thinking a gift card!  we don't go over board on mothers or fathers day.  his dad will get one too.

• Sat, Jun 18 2011 10:10 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

that is so cute..now if dh would eat salad lol

stopped at walmart before work and got dh a pair of shorts $10 and short sleeve shirt $10 plus a pack of underwear and a $20 wendys card. so that will be fatehrs day.

• Sun, Jun 19 2011 9:52 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Life had been so crazy that I totaly forgot to buy DH something. Stopped at Walgreens on the way to church and got him the movie, True Grit. He rented it from Redbox and loved it. He said that he was going to buy it so beat him to it,  SIL thanked me since he could borrow it for free, Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us