Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Our Daughter is Engaged-Wedding Planning

Last post Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:40 PM by smiles. 21 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 5 2011 10:51 AM In reply to

Re: Our Daughter is Engaged-Wedding Planning

haverwench:
    Ooo, recipe please?

Super simple: 

Place one "brick" of pineapple sherbet, still frozen ( just unfold the carboard container) in a punch bowl.  Add chilled lemon-lime soda over top ( slowly, because it can foam).  Let it sit for 15 minutes or so, to soften up the sherbet a bit, then use the ladel to slowly pour the soda in the bowl over top of the sherbet to mix it a little.  The sherbet will continue to melt through the serving time & keeps the punch cold. 

• Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:40 PM In reply to

• smiles
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 14 2010
    • Midwest
    • Posts 312

Re: Our Daughter is Engaged-Wedding Planning

Thanks so much for the ideas...my daughter got her dress on sale at a very,very reasonable price. Flowers were secured, met a grower at our local farmers market who will grow and make floral center pieces for tables, and all other needs for bride, brides maids, and lapel flowers for guys. One bouquet for bridemaids would have been $75.oo these are &15.oo each. :)

We are skipping "reserve the date" post cards-really! She had a friend take engagement pictures using my daughters camera.

Gift opening will be at our home the next morning, I'm baking coffee cakes, quick breads that I'll freeze, coffee, fruit, hard boiled eggs. I think this will go over really well and not cost us lots of money.

Keep the ideas coming, it's a great inspiration.

Page 3 of 3 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 3

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us