Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Homemade Black Head Remedies

Last post Fri, May 6 2011 7:21 AM by sunshinetreva. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 4 2011 7:06 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Homemade Black Head Remedies

My son is at the age of needing help with acne and pore cleansing. The price of commercial products is staggering! Some of my own solutions are not working so well for him. I need some new ideas to try for getting rid of black heads.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, May 4 2011 7:10 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Homemade Black Head Remedies

My friend always used witch hazel for her girls. I never tried it but maybe someone else has experience with it. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Wed, May 4 2011 11:05 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

babs:
    My friend always used witch haze

That is one I have never tried. I have heard that tip before though.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, May 4 2011 11:30 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

The other thing that worked for my boys...they would get pimples on their forehead. They would be less if they shampooed more often to keep the hair from gettiing oily. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Wed, May 4 2011 1:29 PM In reply to

Forgive me, I don't know whether you have medical insurance?  If you do, seek professional help!  Wouldn't all medications be covered?  Then............if the problems continue for years, and you have medical documentation, as proof, should scarring occur and needs "cosmetic" attention, you'll have the paperwork to prove that it is "medical"!  Thus, any corrective procedures will be/should be covered.

• Wed, May 4 2011 4:21 PM In reply to

Camphphenque is great on acne.  It will dry them up.

Oil of Olay makes a facial wash cloth so I'm sure there is an equal store brand WalMart product.  I have has to use this before because of my psoriasis.  My solution now is baby wash that I use with baby washcloths. Gentle for the face. 

Also don't let them forget the back of their necks or lower back where jeans/pant waistbands rub.  My brother always had problems there and now my husband does in the summer months.  

re-tired

• Wed, May 4 2011 4:22 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

homemade facial scrubs and masks!  not just for girls lol.  plus look at phones etc . lots of times those things are not cleaned much and are against the skin alot so makes that area more dirty plus pillow cases not changed enough. 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Thu, May 5 2011 5:32 PM In reply to

• LindaC
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 30 2009
    • Posts 570

My sister just brought me a book called vinegar & oil from the library and I quickly scanned through it and saw that blackheads was mentioned.  So, I searched online and found a few sites.

eHow.com says daubing on some cider vinegar at night will help.  Here's the link:  eHow article

• Thu, May 5 2011 7:25 PM In reply to

guys also use noxzima and whitch hazel helps abit and wash twice a day with a wash cloths and to get a clean fresh one every two days

• Fri, May 6 2011 7:21 AM In reply to

I had horrible acne on my cheeks when I pregnant and the dr told me to add in a mid-day cleaning.  That helped a lot.  I got those simple wipes and kept the container at work and would just grab one and wipe my face down after lunch.  It did help.  Sometimes when you're in the throws of acne you just need to do extra.  I had bangs as a young teen and getting my hair off my head helped a lot.  I know proactiv is supposed to be really good, but at $20/month can be costly.  This may be something you go 50/50 on to see if it will even help.  Now that I don't have as many problems with acne, I use a generic daily facial scrub that exfoliates and then a WM generic lotion that is similar to Oil of Olay but doesn't smell like my grandma (no offense to anyone who uses that b/c I actually like it; I just don't want to be reminded of my grandma all throughout the day) and the lotion has SPF15 in it which is an added bonus.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us