Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Stain Removal Help

Last post Sun, May 1 2011 9:23 PM by Grannie_Sue. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 20 2011 7:57 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Stain Removal Help

Stains on clothes can be mostly when they ruin fabric. Can you help this reader with her laundry problem?

What's the best way to remove any stains from khaki-colored pants? Most stain-remover laundry products leave stains themselves on the khakis.
    TCK

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: Stain Removal Help

My son recommended Zout and I love it!  He's always dribbling on his shirts and if he doesn't see the spot before he washes, it will leave a stain.  His shirts (and all my laundry) are stain free.  Spray it on 5 minutes before laundering to let it soak in. 

Susan in MI 

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Thu, Apr 21 2011 12:00 AM In reply to

Zout never heard if it is it a generic I use spray and wash and vineager works for the whites use it on the collars and cuff of shirts and underarms let soak for an hour then its really out and smells great.

Is this zout a national brand...

• Thu, Apr 21 2011 1:15 AM In reply to

I have had success using Ivory facial soap on stains.  This is a bar soap that is quite gentle.  I had some grease on a pair of light grey leggings and I used the bar soap on the stain and it came out.  I also used it on a blouse that had stains from fabric softener liquid and the blouse had gone through another wash and dry.  I wet the area and rubbed the bar soap on the stain and then rinsed it well and hung it to dry.  The stain was gone.  I imagine any bar soap that is free of perfumes and dyes will also do the trick.  Sally
  • Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:29 AM In reply to

My hubby comes home from work with stains on his khakis nearly every time he wears them.  I pretreat with Dawn dishwashing liquid then wash with Oxyclean and soap.

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • Sun, Apr 24 2011 10:33 PM In reply to

• Kathy G
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 25 2011
    • Posts 7

I have good luck using plain dish detergent. Apply to the stain and work it in. (The detergent works best if you let it set for a while. I try to do it before I put the item in the laundry basket.)
  • Mon, Apr 25 2011 1:08 AM In reply to

Grannie_Sue:
    My son recommended Zout and I love it! 

I have also had great success using Zout.  I have found no stains that it will not remove (thus far).  It comes in a squeeze bottle on the laundry aisle in the supermarket here.

• Mon, Apr 25 2011 9:42 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

havent seen Zout in years ..   I make a past of Oxi clean and  Dawn ... and put it then wash usually that gets it

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sun, May 1 2011 9:23 PM In reply to

cheapChic:
    Zout never heard if it is it a generic

CheapChick, Zout isn't generic.  I've only been able to find it at one of my Walmart's (I can shop at three, soon to be 4). If you ask the store manager about it they just might begin carrying it for you.

Susan in MI

Susan
    It's all about Love!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us