Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Stove Top Burners

Last post Tue, Dec 20 2011 6:05 AM by francisscott22. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:08 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Stove Top Burners

What is the best way to clean the burners themselves when something has spilled and cooked in? How about the pan under?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:17 PM In reply to

Re: Stove Top Burners

I take apart the burners and the pans underneath.  I soak the pan and the  chrome edges -  round bits (not sure what the correct name is LOL) in hot soapy water and I wipe the top and bottom of the  burners themselves to get off any residue.  I also wash the entire top of the stove area and replace the pans, burners and chrome bits.  I usually line the pans with foil pans and that helps keeps them clean too.  Sally
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:08 PM In reply to

Ok here is a news flaash besides a few choice words make sure the kids don't hear it take the rings out and get the plates out and check in on the stove top all is cleaned off with 409 degreaser then soak the plates in hot soapy water then scrub the heck out of them make sure all is clean and degreased and dry before plates are back in the rings clean off and plug in and all is well it needs that once a week or every other week to keep the boild up down.

• Tue, Dec 20 2011 6:05 AM In reply to

I use the regular dish washing liquid from walmart and it works well. It's easier to use soft sponge and leave the stove with soapy water while it's still hot, then get back and scrape it with a metal cleaner. :)
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.- Jotul Wood Stoves
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us