Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Used Cloth Diapers

Last post Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:28 PM by zohnerfarms. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 15 2011 4:47 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Used Cloth Diapers

Cloth diapers can save money but the start up costs for it can be intimidating. We have a reader looking for sources for used diapers. Can you help?

I am soon to become a new mommy and want very much to try cloth diapering to save money, protect the environment, and diaper naturally. The quality of cloth diapers, covers, and accessories appears to be very expensive. Does anyone know of a good company or resource out there with dependable, easy-to-use, economical supplies? Especially for good used cloth diapers? Need quickly! Thanks!
    Patty

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Used Cloth Diapers

DD used eBay.

• Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:42 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I used cloth diapers for my youngest but she is almost eight so it has been many years since we have used them.

Does anyone have current information?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Sun, Feb 20 2011 5:41 PM In reply to

Hi,

My daughter had a baby in June, and my other daughter is having a baby this June.  Some of the prices are completely rediculous.  The most reasonable ones we could find are

Kawaii (they make several different kinds):

http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/

and  Sunbaby:

http://www.sunbabydiapers.com/

Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

• Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:28 PM In reply to

If you have a pattern, and basic sewing skills, you can make cloth diapers from a variety of fabrics, including old cotton t-shirts.  You can put cute flannel fabric on the "outside" if you want to, but a little elastic enclosed in the leg sides is a popular pattern.  It does not cost much to make your own diapers, especially if you use sheets & t-shirts from freecycle or thrift stores. 

There is a link under 'Heirloom Sewing" with several free cloth diaper patterns on theprudenthomemaker.com site, as well as some sewing advice on making your own.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us