Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

February, 2011 SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT (Electronic Benefits debit card)

Last post 03-13-2011 4:41 PM by Deborahmichelle. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2011 3:21 PM

February, 2011 SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT (Electronic Benefits debit card)

Dear All, I started Feb with $228.12 ($200 for Feb, $28.12 carried over from Jan). I went to Whole Foods for a SuperBowl special on Friday & got 5 organic avocados for $5. That left mewith $223.37 (bag credit actually went throough; it generally does not!). Then later in teh day (2/4/11), we went to the Oroweat/Enternmanns bakery ooutlet. For $20.86, I got 3 boxes of donuts, 2 loaves of sooourdooough bread, 5 whole wheat hamburger rolls (8-count) with sesame seeds, & 3 similar hot dog rolls except they are only 6-count. I also got as a bonus 2 loaves of white bread which I gave to my aide. I eat the buns/rolls with hummus (chickpea/garbanzo bean spread); it makes complete protein. My EBT balance is now $202.51. Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-11-2011 8:11 PM In reply to

Re: February, 2011 SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT (Electronic Benefits debit card)

Dear All, I did my monthly shopping on Feb 7th. I went in to Whole Foods with an EBT balance of $202.51. I spent $145.71, & my remaining balance is $63.77. Alll that I will still be buying still his month is hummus (they were out of stock oo the bargain size), juice & produce, maybe soooome more broth. I bought 32 oz of crunchy PB ($3.99), 2 qts of mild salsa @ $3.99 (I roast poultry w 2/3 jar of salsa....), 4 qts of organic broth for Heart -- 3 chicken & 1 beef @ $1.99, 2-2 lb tubs of nonfat vanilla yoghurt @ $2.49, 2-20 count boxes of organic mint/green tea @ $3, a dozen large brown cage-free eggs @ $2.79 (these are the cheapest that WF carrries, white eggs cost MORE!!!), 2 8-oz bags of Newman's Originals stick pretzels @ $2.19 minus a $1 coupon, 60 cups-worth of organic freeze-dried coffee for $8.49, 3 stalks of organic celery for $1.01, a lb of organic frozen peas @ $1.99, 4 qts of generic vanilla almooond milk @ $1.99, 8 oz of herring in wine sauce @ $4.99, a pint f org tartar sauce for $2.99, a chiccken enchilada entree @ $1.69, 2 Barbarsa's shredded oat cereall 14 oz boxes @ $3.49, an organic red onoin @ $1.03, 1.77 lb of red seedless grapes for $6.29, 2 frozen wonton soups @ $2.99, 2 Near Easst brown rice pilaf 6.25 oz mixes @ $2.79, 2 Simply Asia veggie soup boswls @ $2 minus a 75cents coupon, canola oil spray 6 oz for $5.39. 3 turkey thigh/ddrumstick organic pieces for a total of $15.01 (6 large meals), 2 organic salad dressssiiings light Caesar & fat-free balsalmic viiinagerette 16-oz @ $3.99, 3 half-gallooons of crabnberry-peach juice @ $3.39, & a lb of farfelle (bow-tie) pasta @ $1.49. Yurs iin Him, Deborah & Heart

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-12-2011 12:14 AM In reply to

Oh my debra glad to see you on once in awhile thats good... Crunchy pb now you are talking taste good with crackers.. yum Now you got me hungry and yes you did have a good list of foods here.

chrissanne
  • 02-13-2011 12:16 PM In reply to

Thanks, Sissy! You're so sweet to check in from time to time ...! Love in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-18-2011 6:05 PM In reply to

Dear ALl, On Feb 15th & then again on the 16th, we shopped at Whole Foods. My EBT balance going in was $63.77. I spent $14.76 & $4.38 respectively, & my balance is now $48.71. *** On the 1st trip, I booought 3-1/2 gallosn of cranberry-peach juice, @$3.39, + 2 - 1 lb tubs of hummus @ $3.99. On the second trip, I boought 2 - 15-oz cans of Libby pumpkin @ $2.19. I checked ooout Cala/Ralphs/Kroger to see if I could get the pumpkin (national bradnd) cheaper, but theey didn't carry any pumpkin at all, out of sdeason by their reckoning I suspose .... *** I had returned 2 cans of pumpkin at a prior date, thinking that Heart had enough in teh house after all. I also wanted to know the Cala price. Both factors went against us. *** There was a bit of an adventure when I read these CRT's to post this. I found that a return credit had NOT been actually credited to my EBT; I'll fix this th e next time I go into the store! Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 03-13-2011 3:32 PM In reply to

Dear All, I am embarrassssssed to be posting so belatedly! On Feb 26th, we shopped at Whole Foods. My EBT balance going in was $48.71. I stopped at Customer Service & leaarned that I was mistaken -- I had been charged correctly although the CRT receipt was confusing. I bought 2 half-gallons of cranberry-peach juice @$3.29, 2 bags of Newman's Own pretzels (had a coupon) @ $2.79, a qt of cider-&-spice organic juice @ $1.97, 2 qts organic chicken broth & one of beef @Z $1.99. I spent $19.35 & had $29.36 carrying over to March. Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 03-13-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

don't stress yourself out about it! We would rather you be healthy!!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 03-13-2011 4:41 PM In reply to

Oh! Thank you so much, dear MarthaMFI! And my personal physician, Peter, warned me to take things slowly this particular weekend, but I feel that I am as I have nothing else that I want to do today .... Love in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us