Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

printer spits out blank paper

Last post Sat, Feb 5 2011 10:22 PM by seaturtle. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 29 2011 7:53 PM

printer spits out blank paper

Hello, every good person here,

My HP printer just spits out paper. I checked for jammed paper, and things look ok. What could be the remedy for this? It happens a lot with this printer.

Thanks again,

Seaturtle

• Sun, Jan 30 2011 8:46 AM In reply to

Re: printer spits out blank paper

Last time I changed the ink cartridge I forgot to pull off the tape covering the contact pointsGeeked, might that be it for you too?

• Sun, Jan 30 2011 10:19 AM In reply to

What are you trying to print? A word document from your computer, or info from a website? Some websites require you to click on a print screen button, which goes to a printable version of what you see on the screen.

Has it worked in the past, or is this a new printer?

• Sun, Jan 30 2011 10:24 AM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 17 2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,406

What type of document are your printing?

Most printers will do that once in a while, usually due to either misfed paper or a character for a new page somewhere in the document, which may not be visible in normal use.

Check that the printer settings match the type of paper you're using. Many will handle card stock differently than plain paper because of the different thicknesses of the paper. One printer I have, for example, will not print on plain paper if it's set for photo paper. The printer is "smart" enough to recognize the difference and will just spit out plain paper without printing anything.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • Sun, Jan 30 2011 9:33 PM In reply to

Nothing worked. The printer's been installed and working before.I get message "Unknown eror in printing". It stopped spitting out paper and now just sits there.

Maybe it's time for a new one?  Sigh, sigh. I did check out all your suggestiojs above - and thanks again for them.

• Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:33 AM In reply to

Try going to HP's web site ... they have support and troubleshooting information.  Perhaps that could help ...

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Sat, Feb 5 2011 1:48 PM In reply to

Have you tried un installing it and then re installing it again?  Can you update the drivers?  Let us know what is happening with the printer.  You sure have your problems tech wise LOL.  Hugs Sally

• Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

my HP printer does that   my dear Nephew takes care of my computer things he brought me a little printer and  it works ...

printers and me dont do well  

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sat, Feb 5 2011 10:22 PM In reply to

gayla, I'm glad to hear I am not hte only one. Given the price of the cartridges for this printer, I looked around and found a laser printer. It's cartridges are good for 1600 pages, and it does work.  Black and white only, but I only use mine for word-processing. So goodbye HP printer.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us