Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Reusing Old Wrapping Paper

Last post Thu, Dec 5 2013 4:27 PM by Anna Marie. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:59 AM

• Raven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 18 2007
    • Posts 12

Reusing Old Wrapping Paper

At Channukkah, we go through a lot of wrapping paper! Some of it can be recycled to wrap another gift, but most of it isn't in good enough condition. In the past, we've used some to make collages/decoupage, but there's only so much one can do. Does anyone have any ideas how to reuse lots of wrapping paper?

(And I'm not interested in how to use less wrapping paper...it's here!!)

Raven

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Reusing Old Wrapping Paper

Put it through your shredder to make colorful packing for gift bags. I use it in place of tissue paper in bags and in my boxes.

Erika
  • Mon, Dec 6 2010 10:48 AM In reply to

Great idea mamasjob!

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:49 PM In reply to

mamasjob:

Put it through your shredder to make colorful packing for gift bags. I use it in place of tissue paper in bags and in my boxes.

That was my first thought, too.

If it's not crumbled up, cut it into rectangles, fold it in half, and use it as gift tags.  Bigger pieces can be folded to a size appropriate to whatever envelopes you have on hand and used to write thank you notes on (use a pen; pencils don't work on the glossy stuff).

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:14 PM In reply to

You can iron it on the wrong side with a warm iron, too, to re-use some of it...Liz.

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:50 PM In reply to

ldaj614:

Great idea mamasjob!

Thanks, I read it on a website several years ago. Works great!

Erika
  • Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:29 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

• Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:35 PM In reply to

My middle sister know this wrappers well first she irons it on the wrong side and when it cools down it can be reused and another thing its orgonnie can't spell to well sorry look at martha stewarts web side you can do birds cut them to have small snow flacks and those new year balls that is done like flowers its really pretty ...

chrissanne
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:08 AM In reply to

If you have a paper shredder you can put the wrapping paper through it and the next time you make up a gift bag you can use the shredded paper as "fluff" in the bag!
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:37 PM In reply to

Wrapping paper can be cut into strips and curled just like curling ribbon.  It's a great way to use up scrap pieces or used wrapping paper.

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us