Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Are You a Worrier?

Last post Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:02 PM by mum2four. 25 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 18 2011 4:53 PM In reply to

• mum2four
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 26 2009
    • So. California
    • Posts 332

Re: Are You a Worrier?

I used to be a worrier...then I got cancer.  I had been so sick. and in pain for months...that I thought I was going to die.   Cancer brought with it blessings of clairty and amazing ah ha moments.  One of them was... that life is just going to happen  and I refuse to sweat the small stuff.   Everyday I wake up is always  a good day and everything  else is icing on the cake...so what have I got to worry about. 

themusingsofavintageheart.blogspot.com
  • Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:30 PM In reply to

mom 2 4 just not worth worring at our time of life if things get bad shrug shoulders hands in pockets of jeans and kick sand and say shoot all ways works for me ... egagerating here teasing...

No just really not worth worring if its going to work out one way or another at our age its not worth the panic and bp problems of worring so yes I was one myself now I have to calm down on two different bp meds so I can tell you just say no problem to your self so many times inthe brain then it will not be a problem.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:34 PM In reply to

mum2four:

I used to be a worrier...then I got cancer.  I had been so sick. and in pain for months...that I thought I was going to die.   Cancer brought with it blessings of clairty and amazing ah ha moments.  One of them was... that life is just going to happen  and I refuse to sweat the small stuff.   Everyday I wake up is always  a good day and everything  else is icing on the cake...so what have I got to worry about. 

Oh a,em to that I think I e-mail my miiddle sister this one she has cancer doing raidation this week everyday and she is remission and will have the catscan to find out if there is any cancer cells left if not then middle sister is completely free of it and to top it off she has one kid who is 8 and one who gives lip at 13 and going to work so at least she has church to help if she needs it and she is hanging in there so I kinda know what you mean so what is worry about.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 7:53 PM In reply to

• mum2four
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • So. California
    • Posts 332

I am sorry your sister is going thru this as I know what she is going thru.  All though I did not have radiation... I did have  6 months of chemo.  If radiation is anything like chemo, it takes you places physically. emotionally and mentally you have never been before...so my heart goes out to her.

I have to tell you though when I was going thru chemo, 6 years ago...I remember hearing these cancer survivors saying how they lived life to the fullest and each day was such a blessing.  At that time I kept wondering why I didnt feel the same way.  Only after I finished my last chemo treatment did I feel that way.  Now dont get me wrong I was full of gratitude...I just didnt feel full of life.

• Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:58 PM In reply to

Mom2 4 way ta go 6 years free of it me Im 10 years free I had a tomer in the hand and the cells were unusal the doc told me after the operation that it was cancer with me I got radiation and now free of it cool.

But yes there is hope and there is a light down the tunnel Im trying to tell middle sister that and yes the chemo is playing around with depression weakness and being tired and emotionally drained soo her friends help out when she gets like that..

And cool for you that you have not gone anddone the radation part I heard its a pain I didn't have it to long about a month for me to resure the dr.. that they got it all for middle sister its lymphomia stage 1 b cell cureable and lets hope you stay cancer free for a long time...Paradise

chrissanne
  • Thu, Aug 18 2011 11:02 PM In reply to

• mum2four
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • So. California
    • Posts 332

I had colon cancer...had to have my sigmoid colon removed and then then it was resected so radiation was not needed.  I was told that I am at risk for cancer to return...but I am a 6 year survivor so I am hopefull.

Page 3 of 3 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 3

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us