Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What are some items you use and just don't want store brand or generic when only the name brand will do?

Last post 05-08-2010 8:17 PM by cheapChic. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2010 9:26 PM

What are some items you use and just don't want store brand or generic when only the name brand will do?

I most definately prefer Heinz Ketchup,Hersheys syrup in a can, northern, white cloud, or charmin tp over others Tide or gain soap powder, dawn dishwashing liquid,cascade dishwasher jel Kraft salad dressing keebler cookies over the store brand. Sure I also buy many store brands and have no problem with them but there are just some times when store brand won't do.

• 05-03-2010 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: What are some items you use and just don't want store brand or generic when only the name brand will do?

The Heinz ketchup is the only one we use. Got a free Hunts bottle once...no one would use it.  It became BBQ sauce. Dawn dish soap is the only one too! Tp is either Charmin or Northern    . Most store brands for other items are good. Kleenex, by the way,  has to  be kleenerx or puffs. Others too scratchy!

Trying to Save in Pennsylvania
  • 05-03-2010 10:37 PM In reply to

Re: What are some items you use and just don't want store brand or generic when only the name brand will do?

We use very little ketchup, but it's Heinz or nothing. K.C. Masterpiece BBQ sauce, Dawn original dishwashing liquid, not sure what else I'm picky about. AM
  • 05-03-2010 11:21 PM In reply to

Tide laundry soap, Advil (never got as a good results with generic, not sure why), Honey Nut Cheerios, Charmin or Northern TP, Dove or Pantene shampoo and conditioner, Jif crunchy peanut butter, Nestle or Ghiradelli chocolate chips, diet Coke.... those are probably the main ones
  • 05-04-2010 12:12 AM In reply to

Cokes !

I have to have Campbell's soups instead of the store brand.

Palmolive

Cheer

Too many others to list

I buy canned tomatoes both ways....store brand or national. Same with canned beans.

• 05-04-2010 1:08 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I really like Dawn hand dishes , Hersheys syrup ..  Martha White flour,  fresh yeast for baking

real buttermilk, butter , Honey nut Cherrios , Scott Tissue ..  real moon pies. 

Real lemons.   

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 05-04-2010 1:17 AM In reply to

For me, it is Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes. Also Wizard wochesershire sauce
  • 05-04-2010 2:14 AM In reply to

Puffs with lotion.  I think that is about it.

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • 05-04-2010 10:31 AM In reply to

DH has to have a lot brand name things, but I don't.  I'll just share my list: Lubriderm lotion. Pantene shampoo. OxyClean, Hefty trash bags, Coke/Pepsi. I can't think of any others right now.

• 05-04-2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Dr Pepper, Heinz ketchup, Scott TP, Wolf Brand Chili, Oak Farms chocolate milk, Jiffy cornbread mix and Mrs. Baird's bread.  Other than those, we're pretty flexible.

re-tired

Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us