Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Does anyone remember the ufo ice cream sandwitch?

Last post Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:47 AM by Edey. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:41 PM

Does anyone remember the ufo ice cream sandwitch?

Does anyone remember the ufo ice cream sandwitch made with 2 oatmeal cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle of the 2 cookies and dipped in chocolate?

• Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:45 PM In reply to

• Lee
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 23 2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 1,356

Re: Does anyone remember the ufo ice cream sandwitch?

I'm not familiar with them but they sure sound wonderful. Were they a local product or sold and distributed in only a certain part of the country?

• Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:56 PM In reply to

• kb999999
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2008
    • Arizona
    • Posts 950

Hi ... don't remember these, but sounds ever so yummy! Maybe youcan make at home?

• Fri, Apr 30 2010 11:12 PM In reply to

Lee, I am not sure where they were sold I live in Alabama and can't find them here anymore so I will be trying to make them my self. I will be going to Dollar General to purchase some oatmeal cookies for my test batch I am going to take some vanilla ice cream form to fit the cookies dip each cookie in chocolate and put together like a sandwitch I think I will use chocolate almond bark for the test. The bought one were very good hopefully me will be as tasty as those just don't when I will make them.

• Sat, May 1 2010 12:06 AM In reply to

Never heard of them, but I am fond of ice cream sandwiches so would undoubtedly enjoy them. AM, Stretchpert in Self Sufficient Living
  • Sat, May 1 2010 1:01 PM In reply to

That sounds an awful lot like an "It's-It".  That is what we call them here in CA, they are awesomely yummy, my favorite ice cream treat!  They are a specialty ice cream novelty, they originated from San Francisco.  You can also get them with strawberry, chocolate, coffee or mint ice cream in the center (but those are harder to find).

Heather in CA
    http://storingupmytreasures.blogspot.com/
  • Sat, May 1 2010 1:28 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

oh yes I do not sure if that was the name  my Grammie and Uncle Robert and Poppie had them for me when I was a child

I have made them for my family before they are great .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Mon, May 3 2010 10:50 AM In reply to

• Lee
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 23 2009
    • Texas
    • Posts 1,356

Linda,

Have you made them yet? I was just wondering how they turned out. I grew up in Cincinnati and I don't remember eating them as a kid but then we got most of our ice cream treats from the Mr. Softee truck that went by every afternoon in the summer.

• Mon, May 3 2010 5:25 PM In reply to

Lee, No I haven't made the ufo's dh doesn't eat very many sweets so I am thinking about waiting for school to be out and share with the neighborhood children so I won't eat but one myself. Will let you know how they turn out when I make them and hopefully the kids will enjoy them I need to check with the mother's to make sure it is ok for them to have pretty sure they won't mind.

• Fri, Jul 9 2010 4:58 PM In reply to

• NYX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 9 2010
    • Posts 1

Yeap! I just had two yesterday and one the day before! They still sell them in a little store by my house and in Lopez SuperMarkets! Im from the valley though in Texas...
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us