Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Removing grass stains

Last post Sat, May 8 2010 3:42 PM by Adam. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:54 AM

Removing grass stains

Any home remedies for removing grass stains from blue jeans? I didn't change into my"yard work clothes", and got grass stains on my favorite blue jeans. Ugh!!

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: Removing grass stains

I have just removed grass stains from my son's jeans!  After a regular wash I noticed they were still there and bright.  I poured hot water on the stain and some "oxy clean" , scrub and let it sit (I didn't let sit too long, I had to get the wash started).  Maybe repeat the process and scrub, let sit overnight.  I have just checked the pants and the stains are mostly removed with very little fain spot.  I am going to put the pants out in the sun and I'll be they'll be gone. 

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:54 AM In reply to

Thanks, Carmina. I will try this. I washed them once treated with liquid detergent and it didn't all come off.

• Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:43 PM In reply to

Not a home remedy, but Oxyclean spray is da bomb!
  • Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:48 PM In reply to

Rubbing alcohol poured through the fabric should dissolve the chlorophyll. AM
  • Sat, May 8 2010 3:42 PM In reply to

• Adam
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 28 2009
    • New Haven, CT
    • Posts 37

Scrub the stain with shampoo before washing (leave the shampoo on when you put in the machine)
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us