Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How long does it take your oven to preheat 350 degrees?

Last post Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:13 PM by kb999999. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 9 2010 8:57 PM

• kb999999
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2008
    • Arizona
    • Posts 950

How long does it take your oven to preheat 350 degrees?

Hi ... I currently live in a rental. The gas stove isn't heating correctly. If you set at 350 degrees, it flexuates up to 500 degrees and back down to 200 degrees. Repairman came today - told me oven was fine, but my problem was that I'm not letting the oven 'preheat' for a minimum on 30 to 45 minutes before baking.

This answer does not seem correct, I would love to know just how long your ovens take to preheat to 350 degreees ... thanks. 

• Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:04 PM In reply to

Re: How long does it take your oven to preheat 350 degrees?

I don't have a gas like you do I do miss my old gas stove..

Well it takes moms oven about 10 minutes to long I expect maybbe 3 or 4 minutes but 10 min. takes to long.

• Fri, Apr 9 2010 10:05 PM In reply to

Maybe ten minutes, certainly not 30 to 45. Doesn't sound like a knowledgeable repairman to me. AM
  • Fri, Apr 9 2010 10:37 PM In reply to

10 minutes -- mine even has countown and a buzzer for when it is ready.

Is your oven digital?  Mine was doing that and they had to replace the digital panel.  

You teach people how to treat you -- Dr Phil
  • Fri, Apr 9 2010 10:59 PM In reply to

I have a gas stove... it takes maybe 2-3 minutes, but I don't usually preheat it; the last time my mother tried to preheat my oven to 450 to make ribs, she set off the smoke detector. Since then, I just add the preheat time to the cooking time. My oven doesn't fluctuate noticeably.
  • Fri, Apr 9 2010 11:15 PM In reply to

• kb999999
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Arizona
    • Posts 950

Hi ... thanks for your answers. Sounds like we all agree that 30 - 45 minutes for a preheat is way too long. Already left a vm on their machine and will be calling the rental office on Monday. He was here and gone in 10 minutes flat ... not a nice way to represent a business.

Thanks for the suggestions ... the stove/oven is older, with no digital panel and knobs to turn. 

• Sat, Apr 10 2010 1:38 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

my electric stove is about 8 minutes

but the propane at the other house about 10 minutes in our propane stove .. 

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:50 AM In reply to

I had a gas stove (used natural gas) back when I was married and living in Newport News. My stove was brand new with no whistles or bells. It didn't take more than 7 minutes for it to get up to the temperature. Actually, I'd turn the oven on and then put in what was to be baked.

My electric stove takes around 10 minures or so to preheat. I usually turn it on before I finish getting things ready to be baked.

Even when I lived in Richmond and used older gas stoves I didn't have to preheat the oven before I used it.

• Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:13 PM In reply to

• kb999999
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Arizona
    • Posts 950

Thank you ladies ... I tried to 'debate' his answer, but he wouldn't listen to me. I can't wait to talk to the lady at the rental place on Monday.  Someday soon, I'll be baking again  : D

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us