Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Fridge and Freezer Cleaning

Last post 06-25-2011 3:22 PM by gayla50. 12 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (13 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2011 11:04 PM In reply to

Re: Fridge and Freezer Cleaning

I clean the frig on Monday's and my upright I just did a super clean- (rotten food got accidently unplugged for 2 weeks) 

• Dumped all items
    • Moved out of shed so I could wash & spray
    • Washed well with soapy water and rags to remove yuck
    • Bleached with spray bottle twice let sit 24 hours
    • Plugged back
    • Place 4 trays of baking soda in the freezer for 24 hours
    • Dumped trays
    • Replace again with 2 baking soda and 2 coffee
    • Freezed for 24 hours dumped
    • Stocked with food
    • Changed the baking soda and coffee again
    Dumping the coffee and baking soda daily removed all odor :O) Saved my upright freezer

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/

Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 3
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• 06-24-2011 6:17 PM In reply to

I don't really have a system. But, when I am cleaning my kitchen every evening, I sometimes look around for something I can swipe at with the paper towel before I toss it. The dust on the canisters or the back of the stove, behind the faucet, the window sill, and sometimes I swipe one of the shelves in the fridge, alternating of course.

So no real system other than just looking around and seeing what else I can swipe at before I toss the paper towel. Please, nobody tell me how much more economical it is to clean with cloths or microfiber cloths. I clean the rest of my house with those but the kitchen I use paper towels I can toss. Primarily because I don't want bits of food encrusted cloths lounging around in the laundry hamper in a house with cats :)

I don't do spring cleaning. Every week I have one day I look around and just do what looks like it needs done whether it is dusting, etc.

• 06-25-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

We wipe out any and all spills and usually a total cleaning on Saturday evening ...   really we do when it needs it

the freezer is usualy when we are getting ready for a major refill . 

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 2 of 2 (13 items) < Previous 1 2
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us