Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

I need a no calorie CREAMY creamer!!!

Last post Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:16 PM by cheapChic. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 4 2010 7:50 PM

I need a no calorie CREAMY creamer!!!

I use a no name brand (or brand name when on sale) of Fat Free French Vanilla Creamer.  I like the liquid in the fridge case kind. Anyway... the FAT FREE and the SUGAR FREE are both about 1 POINT a tablespoon and I use more than 3 for all my coffee in the morning.

Anyone have any ideas of a really CREAMY CREAMY creamer I can use that has NO CALORIES

I will keep using mine, but it really eats up too many weight watcher points!

Thanks a MILLION! 

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:46 PM In reply to

Re: I need a no calorie CREAMY creamer!!!

I don't use any creamer and can think of no way to make it calorie-free, but have you considered using fat-free evaporated milk with a double dose of vanilla and some sweetener? AM
  • Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:48 PM In reply to

Cindy is with me right now dmc. but she thought maybe its splienda made no calories she has to use non dairy she is lactose intollerent so its coffee mate one is a nestle coffee mate they come wraped with one serving percup you get that in the coffee isle at your local food store and glad to see you back...

chrissanne
  • Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:35 AM In reply to

Hi Sis and Cin!  Thx Annamarie

Those are great ideas!!!  Thanks!

I will look for all of these ideas.  I am using skim milk and spenda today.  I can tolerate it, but there are still calories!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:22 AM In reply to

What about fat free half & half and DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup?  Don't think you're gonna be able to do "calorie-free", but this would probably be about as close as you could get.  The syrup has no calories or carbs and the f/f half & half is very reasonable.  My store brand has only 15 calories for 2 tbsp and since I drink coffee all day and night, I just measured out 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) in a jelly jar and used out of that for a whole day.  It was only 1 point for the entire thing (according to the carton), but I counted it as 2 since I figured there was a trace of fat per serving and I was using 4 servings.

Carol
    western NC
  • Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:32 AM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

I use lowfat milk and stevia (2 packets) for my coffee. For the flavoring, use drops of vanilla flavoring. Or you could use flavored coffee and other sweeteners mentioned.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:22 AM In reply to

Okay, this has my attention... will check out the fat free half and half.  Its only 1 point for 1/2 cup?  I love the idea of measuring that out and having it!!!  Great ideas here.

I am going to run out of flavored splenda and its expensive, but I have regular at home too.  Will look for the syrups!  Thanks so much all!

• Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:56 PM In reply to

Okay, here's the scoop.  I have been trying different things, skim milk, mocha mix, mocha mix mixed with skim milk, left over flavored creamer mixed with skim milk and yesterday I FINALLY bought some fat free half and half.  Wow, big difference, its very creamy and for 2 tablespoons, no points.  I have enough creamers to last me a month and I like the fat free half and half best!!!

Will think of something else to use the other creamers in, maybe DD smooties.

• Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:14 PM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

Thank you for keeping us posted. I enjoy reading follow-ups and outcomes.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Do you have one of those hand held frothers?  Those whip milk into a creamy like foam, like what you'd fine on top of a latte.  Mabye if you tried frothing your milk (fat free) and then added it to your coffee, it would taste more creamy and you could use less?  I'd also use sugar free coffee syrups (like others mentioned).  Also, it would be much healthier because there would be less additives and preservatives.

Heather in CA
    http://storingupmytreasures.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us