Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Baking Potatoes for Different Lengths of Time

Last post Wed, Nov 24 2010 12:46 AM by Anna Marie. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:58 PM

Baking Potatoes for Different Lengths of Time

Have you heard of a system of baking potatoes in bulk, but for different lengths of time so that those pulled out before being fully done can be used for other purposes? As I understand it, some would be removed after so many minutes, marked to be used for ??? and frozen, then others would be removed, etc., until the last ones would be those used for the evening meal. If you know this system, I would appreciate your posting it as I can sometimes get ten pounds of potatoes for $1.99 but we don't really eat a lot of them quickly. Thanks, AM
  • Sun, Feb 28 2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Baking Potatoes for Different Lengths of Time

I'm interested in that idea, too. I've never heard of it so sorry I don't have an answer for you, Anna Marie. I've heard that freezing potatoes tends to make them splintery or something, so are you saying that that doesn't happen? I know they have freezer meals with potatoes in them but they also freeze flash those or something. :P

• Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:37 PM In reply to

Since I've heard of this, but never tried it, I don't know but would be willing to try once to find out how much of an issue it would be for us. AM
  • Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:26 PM In reply to

• kb999999
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2008
    • Arizona
    • Posts 950

Hi ... here is a link to a site I use often, it lists how to prep potatoes for the freezer - different applications: oven and boiling methods.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000995.tip.html

• Tue, Mar 2 2010 9:59 PM In reply to

Thrifty Fun is a nice site (still like Dollar Stretcher better though, lol). Thanks for that!

• Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:29 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Have you tried this out, Anna?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Nov 24 2010 12:46 AM In reply to

Brandy:

Have you tried this out, Anna?

No, I was hoping that someone who had would know how long and to what  use each would be put.  AM
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us