Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Is it time to plant yet - patio container garden?

Last post Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:19 PM by cheapChic. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:55 PM

Is it time to plant yet - patio container garden?

I still have some herbs from last year! But I want some peppers and maybe cherry tomatoes. When do we plant them in containers?
    Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 9:43 PM In reply to

Re: Is it time to plant yet - patio container garden?

If you have a nice sunny place inside to get them started, go ahead. If you need to wait until closer to when you can grow them outside, you'll need to check your area's average last frost date. Neither of those plants can survive cold temps, the peppers even less than the tomatoes. AM
  • Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:28 PM In reply to

hmmm herb seson time to get those seeds going dmc gee thanks for the reminder lady just one question what herbs you doing dmc and ann merie Im doing chives and basil ..

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:44 PM In reply to

CeapChic, I usually forget some when I start listing the herbs I grow because I really enjoy having lots for culinary and ornamental uses. I usually have several basils, chives and garlic chives, spearmint and peppermint, hopefully more mints this year, curly and flat-leaved parsley, thyme and lemon thyme, rosemary, sage, pineapple sage, salad burnet, I haven't been successful yet with dill, tarragon if it made it through this cold winter, I'd like to get more Mexican tarragon, oregano, marjoram, maybe others that I don't recall at the moment. AM
  • Sat, Feb 27 2010 10:44 PM In reply to

There is a plant is more for the out side annmerie I worked with people at a hot house it was one of my odd jobs when the market with cars was soft I take on odd jobs well the hot house is one there it is an the herb family it called lemon tyme great scent to it just like jasmin and heather all great but the tyme was my faverate herbs are great specially rosemarie for the chicken and fish plate good for you for growing them.....:)

• Mon, Mar 1 2010 2:35 PM In reply to

I started two kinds of tomato seeds and some purple coneflower seeds last week. 

Donna

• Mon, Mar 1 2010 3:09 PM In reply to

This thread makes me want to get out there and start clearing out my herb beds. I was at Home Depot the other day, just to get some furnace filters, and they already had little pots of rosemary and thyme out! Surprise  I want spring! [:'(]

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:19 PM In reply to

uuuuh uh oh some one is beating me to it....lol

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us