Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Reader's question: Making hand lotion

Last post 01-25-2010 3:15 PM by slk2042. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2010 7:46 PM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,459

Reader's question: Making hand lotion

Aunt makes hand cream and sells it. Won't give out recipe, but the 3 ingredients are baby lotion, vaseline and vitamin E. If I knew the quanities, I would love to make some as well, but not to sell. Have you heard of this? Please advise.  Thanks !

Any ideas?

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • 01-24-2010 8:15 PM In reply to

Re: Reader's question: Making hand lotion

I don't know but if I were you I would go to the dollar store buy all of the products she uses to make her hand cream and expreiment until I came close to hers and if I got close enough I would go with the Johnson's baby lotion because it is my favorite smell of baby lotion.  I found a cream I reallly like it is non-greasy I know the products are mineral oil,parafin and cocoa butter I just haven't figured out the formula yet but have only tried a couple of times.  Maybe if you could get a sample of her hand cream and know of someone that does chimestry they could help you figure the solution.There was a lady on these boards that posted she made some handcream I beleive she used Vaseline intensive care lotion mixed with vaseline maybe your aunt just added vitamin E. if I can find the post I will read to be sure of the ing. she used.

• 01-25-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-10-2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

I've seen homemade recipes that combine things like almond oil, beeswax and other ingredients to make hand lotion.  Also there is the old-timey glycerin and rosewater recipe. A Google search will bring up lots of different formulas.  Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • 01-25-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

I found this link to a recipe that might be it:

http://www.easy-homemade-recipes.com/kiss-lotion.html

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us