Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

Last post Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:29 PM by LCache. 432 replies.
Page 43 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:03 PM In reply to

Re: Thrift Stores!!!!!!!!!

Wow, 4 cases for $5! Here, a single half pint canning jar is at least a quarter, so would be a minimum of $12 for those. Great deal!
    Carol
    western NC
  • Thu, May 1 2014 5:10 AM In reply to

maziemom:
    Wow, 4 cases for $5! Here, a single half pint canning jar is at least a quarter, so would be a minimum of $12 for those. Great deal!

That is a great deal!  Yesterday I stopped at the thrift & broght home 5 half pints for a quarter each, and 1 pint for 35 cents, along with a bag of 20 rings for 75 cents, & all the rings were in great shape, too.

• Fri, May 2 2014 9:33 PM In reply to

The paper is full of yard sales for tomorrow, many of them community or multi-family sales. I'm planning to go to a few and one thing I will look for is jars. I have lucked up before and bought a good sized box for just a few dollars; much cheaper than when they are priced separately.
    Carol
    western NC
  • Sat, May 3 2014 3:30 PM In reply to

maziemom:
    I have lucked up before and bought a good sized box for just a few dollars; much cheaper than when they are priced separately.

Definitely!  Good luck at the sales. 
  • Sat, May 3 2014 9:57 PM In reply to

Well, no jars today, but found some other good buys. We went to three sales; one was a church-sponsored sale to raise mission funds, and another a company-sponsored sale to raise scholarship funds, so good causes. I did find a new lampshade (which I needed badly) for $2, a brass wood caddy with handle for $5, and a 70's Hamilton Beach stainless steel stand mixer for $3. No bowls with the mixer, but I should be able to locate a bowl that will fit the base without too much difficulty. So a productive outing with my favorite aunt on a sunny spring Saturday. Enjoyed a delicious waffle topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream after our shopping. A great day all around!
    Carol
    western NC
  • Tue, May 6 2014 10:29 PM In reply to

Picked up a nice cane for $3 at the thrift store today.

• Wed, May 7 2014 6:01 PM In reply to

Picked up a nice terra cotta flower pot for 50 cents and a gas can for DH to use for the lawnmower for $2 at the neighbor's estate sale. 

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Wed, May 14 2014 9:53 PM In reply to

Great deal on the mason jars.. here in Phoenix they sell them individually for $1.00 each.. or the same as the regular stores for the cases..

Today I got lots of deals... super happy dance..

8 magazines all new for .29 each and a cookbook for $1.00 

3 Homemade baby food storage holder system for $3.00

5 pound hand weight set and 2 resistance bands for $4.99 big time score just the weights are $8.00 per weight here in stores.. 

Food storage contain I wanted from the regular store but cost was too high for me $6.00 picked up for $.69 score!!!

2 bags of fiber fill for $1.99 each for crafting

Cat ball toy regular store price is over $20 picked up for $3.99

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Fri, May 16 2014 11:38 AM In reply to

trying to be good and not shop garage sales and thrift stores but not totally successful lol.   at one  got earrings, small picture for the livingroom, cat toys and a halloween fleece throw.   at the new value village  clothes for the kids, tv dvds players runners etc. but the runners barely fit ds. though they are size 3. don't know what it is kids clothes and shoes shrinking sizes  ds is a size 2 and dd size 3  other shoes fit fine but the latest ones no.  dd tried size 4 adias in the store and they didn't fit.  the new rawlings size 3 from value village barely fit ds.  though he is wearing size 2 nikes. just they are falling apart.

so some returns.

• Fri, May 23 2014 5:31 AM In reply to

• LCache
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2012
    • Posts 12

I really only shop one thrift store by me, the one next to the senior center (which it benefits).  I find the Goodwill store too big and unpleasant to shop in. 

Last find for me was a pair of Lee khaki capri pants for $2, very lightly worn.  I'm on a weight loss journey and not at goal yet, so I like to buy clothes - especially pants/bottoms - at a thrift shop instead of new at higher prices. Strange thing is most of the pants are sold in thi store for $1 (unless on a special rack), but the tops are priced at $4. I don't get that at all...

I've gotten some nice bath linens, all like new - a bathmat, a very nice beach towel, and wash cloths. 

Other good deals are paperback books, 25 cents each or 5 books/$1.00. I try not to buy too many books, they tend to accumulate, and I really prefer to make good use of our local library because I never re-read books.

Otherwise, I like that I can buy little things that catch my fancy - I love kitchen gadgets. Recently I bought a citrus reamer, a dumpling press, and a couple tiny stainless steel funnels. For my significant other's 50th birthday I bought 3 50th birthday-themed coffee mugs to fill with treats for him.  I bought several pieces of flatware to bring to work so I don't have to use the plastic stuff. 

I could go on an on...I will be back with my finds - we all seem to like telling others about our thrift store finds!   

Page 43 of 44 (433 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us