Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Are you re-gifting anything?

Last post Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:28 PM by SAHMof4. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (28 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:30 PM

Are you re-gifting anything?

I don't have to return anything for size, thankfully, but I have one definite re-gift and one possible...

My sister bought us a Life board game as she knows we play as a family in the evenings.  But we've done it for years and so have had that game forever.  I'll put it in my closet as a pinch hitter this year, though I don't know anyone with young kids that might use it.  Maybe a situation will present itself...

And a good friend gave me a homemade microwave potato/cob corn cooker...??  It's like a mini, batting-filled pillowcase that you place your vegetables in to sort of steam-cook them.  She's an excellent seamstress and it's well-made, with a nice, handwritten instruction attached, but I doubt I'll use it.  That might go as a house-warming gift at some point, along with a Christmassy set of towels I won as a door-prize.

How 'bout you?  Adding anything to your gift-closet at all??  Liz.

• Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:37 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: Are you re-gifting anything?

TizzyLizzy:
    Adding anything to your gift-closet at all??

Nope. 

I didn't get a lot of stuff and the things I did get were things I wanted.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:08 PM In reply to

This year there is nothing I want to pass on. How nice.

• Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:25 PM In reply to

No regifting, but I did return a blouse and purse today. Thankfully the tags were still on them, and they were from Wal-Mart. By the way, my local Wal-Mart made returns a breeze today! The clerks were friendly and took everything back, no questions asked. All the money got put onto a gift card that I could use whenever I wanted. We didn't have to wait in line for a long time, either. They had three checkout lines dedicated to returns, so we had everything taken care of within 10 minutes.

Stacie

http://holdinghandswithmyhoney.blogspot.com/
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:36 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

We were given a lot of cookies, breads,and candies. Some were already regifted. DD needed something for her boss. I had a red Christmas basket that we filled with a jar of jelly and some of the baked goodies. Froze a lot of banana bread that we will eat as needed.

Everything else I will keep and use.  Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:19 PM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

Keeping what I got. Funny story. My son was told to bring a re-gift to his office party and everyone exchanges re-gifts.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

we regifted a rest. gift card because I forgot about a present from the kids for auntie!  it was from one of dh coworkers.

I got a coffeemaker that makes one cup of coffee into a travel mug from mil that I honestly thought was a mistake and was to go to my dh!  the only time I use them is when I have to get up so early and be on the road and can't have coffee first. so maybe once a year at the most.

so regift or give away. unless dh will use it but I doubt it. no room on the counter and we have a coffeepot.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 6:15 PM In reply to

There's only one item that I've added to the gift closet.  My youngest DD, whose almost 12, received a gift of a Barbie type doll with its own battery powered bicycle.  It was given to her by one of DH's uncles - a sweet man, who is a bit slow to put it delicately. He also gave the almost 18 year old girls little plastic snowmen filled with candy - they found it funny, but polished off the candy anyway - I guess there's no age limit on a sweet tooth.

Uncle "G" still sees our youngest as the little girl in the family.   The kids all know that their uncle is a bit challenged, so they're prepared to expect anything from him with the knowledge that he loves them dearly!   He'll be very hurt if we even mention an exchange (we'd have to get the receipt from him, assuming that he's actually kept it).  It's just not worth it to us to hurt his feelings

No little girls in my family anymore so the Barbie bike set will be donated to a suitable charity next year.

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:16 PM In reply to

Nope. My aunt gave me a check for Christmas. Mom got me some coasters (they always have gifts for the residents to get to give people ) which I will keep. I was given some beaded stitch markers, which I'll use when I get back into needlework. My glasses need a change (my vision is different in my left eye) and I'm getting my eyes examined the first week in January. I had to move my appointment because of the heat pumps.

• Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:12 PM In reply to

Not re-gifting, but I have one think I don't know what I'll do with. Probably yard sale. It's a "fur & leather" bag that had Bath & Body Works stuff in it. I'll eventually use the products, but the bag has no closure on it, so I really can't use it as a purse.
Page 1 of 3 (28 items) 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us