Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mixes?

Last post 12-10-2012 5:54 PM by Brandy. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2009 10:45 AM

Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mixes?

My mom is getting dd a easy bake oven for xmas.  she wasn't at first because of the cost of the mixes but I told her that I was sure there was homemade mixes or ones to make from cake mixes.   canned frosting I have lots of so that isn't an issue.

Does anyone have any tried and true recipes?

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 12-08-2009 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mixes?

Recipezaar.com has a bunch of them.  Type in Easy Bake Oven in the search box, I got 63 reciepes.  Cookies, cakes, pies, treats of all sorts.

• 12-08-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Easy Bake Oven Quick Cake Mix

3 tablespoons cake mix (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, Jiffy)
    1-1/4 Tablespoons water

-
    Blend cake mix and 1 tablespoon water - make sure not to add too much water. You want a traditional cake batter consistency. Pour batter into greased and floured toy cake pan. Bake as directed.

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 12-08-2009 1:23 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

http://www.budget101.com/kids.htm#Easy_Bake_Mixes 

has several of these recipes 

White Frosting Mix

2 cups powdered sugar -- sifted

3 tablespoons instant nonfat milk powder

6 tablespoons vegetable shortening

In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk powder. Stir with a wire whisk to blend. With a pastry blender cut in shortening. Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of 8 small bags. Seal tightly. Makes 8 packages. forchocolate frosting, add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa.
    To use: Combine 1 package of the above mix plus 3/4 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Stir well with a spoon until smooth and creamy. Makes about 1/4 cup frosting. A drop or two of vanilla may be added if desired.

Brownies

2 1/2 T. sugar
    1 t. oil
    1/8 t. vanilla extract
    4 t. chocolate syrup
    2 1/2 T. flour

Sir together sugar, oil, vanilla, chocolate and flour until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake 15 minutes.

Chocolate Cake

6 teaspoons flour
    4 teaspoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
    3/4 teaspoon shortening
    1 pinch salt
    6 teaspoons milk

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, shortening and salt. Add milk and stir until smooth. Pour into greased baking pan that comes with the toy oven. Bake for 12 to15 minutes. If you want white cake, omit the cocoa and add a drop or two of vanilla with the milk. Makes 1 serving.

Quick Cake

2 tablespoons commercial cake mix -- such as Jiffy 1 tablespoon water
    Mix cake mix and water. Place in greased toy cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 1 serving

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 12-09-2009 12:23 AM In reply to

thanks Big Smile  I like the cake mix ones.  i have lots of cake mixes.  betty crocker and duncan hines so one of those boxes should last a long time.

• 06-09-2012 11:30 PM In reply to

lol didn't realize we have had it this long and used it once.  got buried but lots of mixes from the dollar store!   plan to let her go nuts this summer now that thigns are getting cleared out.

• 06-20-2012 2:56 PM In reply to

Martha, I love to bake and the first thing I ever baked was from an Easy Bake Oven. I hope that your daughter enjoys it as much as I did.
  • 12-09-2012 11:13 AM In reply to

bump up ..sent dd with the mixes to grandmas to play with.
  • 12-09-2012 1:31 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Thanks for bumping this one up. My daughter has an Easy Bake and I hate buying those expensive little mixes. I am going to try Gayla's proportions for a box mix.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 12-09-2012 3:52 PM In reply to

gayla50:

http://www.budget101.com/kids.htm#Easy_Bake_Mixes 

has several of these recipes 

White Frosting Mix

2 cups powdered sugar -- sifted

3 tablespoons instant nonfat milk powder

6 tablespoons vegetable shortening

In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk powder. Stir with a wire whisk to blend. With a pastry blender cut in shortening. Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each of 8 small bags. Seal tightly. Makes 8 packages. forchocolate frosting, add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa.
    To use: Combine 1 package of the above mix plus 3/4 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Stir well with a spoon until smooth and creamy. Makes about 1/4 cup frosting. A drop or two of vanilla may be added if desired.

Brownies

2 1/2 T. sugar
    1 t. oil
    1/8 t. vanilla extract
    4 t. chocolate syrup
    2 1/2 T. flour

Sir together sugar, oil, vanilla, chocolate and flour until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake 15 minutes.

Chocolate Cake

6 teaspoons flour
    4 teaspoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
    3/4 teaspoon shortening
    1 pinch salt
    6 teaspoons milk

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, shortening and salt. Add milk and stir until smooth. Pour into greased baking pan that comes with the toy oven. Bake for 12 to15 minutes. If you want white cake, omit the cocoa and add a drop or two of vanilla with the milk. Makes 1 serving.

Quick Cake

2 tablespoons commercial cake mix -- such as Jiffy 1 tablespoon water
    Mix cake mix and water. Place in greased toy cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Makes 1 serving

One of my nieces does this baking with easy bake mix's she will love this thank you gayla.

Cindy ---
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us