Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Gifts for Teen Boys

Last post 11-27-2009 10:44 AM by MarthaMFI. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2009 9:37 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Gifts for Teen Boys

My little man isn't so little anymore. The days of picking him the latest Lego set or action pack of figures is past. So what do we give him this year that says he is special to us and that he will enjoy.

I have a few ideas but I'd love some feedback or additional suggestions.

Personal care set-

He has asked for a razor to begin shaving. I have seen the Gillete gift packs with razor and shaving cream or we could go with an electric razor.

My husband has a personal care gift pack from last year that has some unopened pieces like the box with the shaving brush and dish with the shaving soap in it. If we purchase a razor, I could toss these into the set.

My son loves Axe deodorant, shower gel and shampoo. The showering items are not cheap so I don't buy them often. This would be a good addition to a personal care set.

Video game

This seems the common gift lately.

Video gaming chair

He has asked for one of those chairs for gaming with the outlets and all that.

If I think of more, I will add them.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

Filed under: ,
  • 11-11-2009 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Gifts for Teen Boys

Does he like comic books? My son always enjoyed a years subscription to a favorite one.

I like the razor idea. My DS prefers the Axe brand too. I watch Walgreens for sales. Does he have an ipod.....if yes, an itunes gift card. 

Candy is always good for teens.....I have done a 12pack of his favorite soda. Babs 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 11-11-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

babs:
    Does he like comic books?

He certainly does. Do the comic books still offer subscriptions where the comics can be shipped? Our favorite shop for this is closing so he won't be buying directly there anymore. I hadn't even considered this.

babs:
    I like the razor idea.

He is just getting to where he has a need for shaving so we thought that would make a nice gift. The last few Axe products were bought at Walgreens. Last year I bought sampler bottles of some new thinngs that were just coming out for Axe and used them as stocking stuffers. He really liked that and its where he expanded from Axe dedorant to the bath and hair care items.

No Ipod for him. He has a CD player. Which reminds me that he did ask for CDs. Thanks for jogging my memory there!

• 11-11-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,399

Brandy:

My little man isn't so little anymore. The days of picking him the latest Lego set or action pack of figures is past. So what do we give him this year that says he is special to us and that he will enjoy.

Just get him what every teenage boy wants:

A fast car, a motorcycle, a speedboat, an airplane (preferably a jet) and a cute girl.

Oh, did you mean affordable? That's a little more difficult....

Everybody's likes and preferences are different but I always like stuff that moved, made noise, or I could build something with, like a good set of tools.

Video games hadn't been invented when I was teen so I can't answer that one.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • 11-11-2009 12:47 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

Walt34:
    and a cute girl.

He'd like that one but she might object to being put in a box. LOL!

My son likes to make or build things. He had a tool set but it disappeared when someone swiped some of my husband's tools. He probably would like another set.

• 11-11-2009 12:54 PM In reply to

My DS, now 21 still gets comics in the mail. He is always asking ifone has come. I would think that is you look in a comic that he has , you may find the info on ordering . Or ask at the store or online........I still like to include some small "toy" in their stocking. DS likes to draw. Last year, found a tiny Etch a Sketch to include. Have done those tiny lego sets too. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 11-11-2009 1:02 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

babs:
    I still like to include some small "toy" in their stocking

My son collects GI Joe figures. He has none made due to the new movie so we plan to get him one of the Snake Eyes figures. I forgot to add that into my idea list. Comics would go well with that.

• 11-24-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

My son loves shirts with comic book characters on his favorite movies on them like Spider Man, Super Man or Transformers.

Walmart had Transformers t-shirts marked down so I bought one as a gift. I added a long sleve tee with matching hat that has Superman on it as a gift of clothing. 

Do your teen boys appreciate clothes or groan if given as gifts?

• 11-25-2009 12:56 AM In reply to

honestly I find them hard.  I thought he would like a thick lined hoody that is popular but no...so back to gift cards and candy!    I know he wants a xbox....his parents have given all the toys etc already.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 11-25-2009 7:32 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

MarthaMFI:
    honestly I find them hard.

Mine is ok with clothes as an additional gift to something fun.

Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us