Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

what is EVOO?

Last post Wed, May 29 2013 10:55 PM by RhondaS. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:42 AM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

what is EVOO?

Lots of forum friends mention using EVOO?  what is it?  or is it something like Pam vegetable oil spray?

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:48 AM In reply to

• dlw
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2007
    • Posts 463

Re: what is EVOO?

Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

• Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:27 PM In reply to

• Kate
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 26 2007
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 546

Rachel Ray is credited with starting this. Personally, I don't like the acronym. Sounds stupid.

~Kate
    Mum of 3 boys

"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"

http://community.webshots.com/user/katestitching
  • Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:05 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

when I add spice to some thing to a pot and my Grandson Sam watch he said  Bam  ( he is a Emeril fan ) and when I add olive oil ( he yell evoo)

he'll come in the kitchen and say are we bamming today Grammie or Evoo.. ?   when I get to a point I let Sam do the bam and he gets to add evoo.

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:11 PM In reply to

Kate:

Rachel Ray is credited with starting this. Personally, I don't like the acronym. Sounds stupid.

I love her receipes, but watching her on TV. ~_~  Every time she says "Yum-O!" or "sammie" I want to reach through the screen and smack her lol

• Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:16 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

thanks!   actually I never thought it was olive oil.   thought is was a type of seasoning salt or spray oil.  

not a fan of rachel ray.  I like british cooking shows or paula deen.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sun, Nov 8 2009 10:56 AM In reply to

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

arianasilver:
    very time she says "Yum-O!" or "sammie" I want to reach through the screen and smack her lol

Me, too. It sounds so childish.

I liked Rachel Ray in the beginning several years ago, liked the easy way that she cooked, but she has changed too much. Something about her "hip" way of talking and her gravely voice just annoys me too much to spend time watching her.  Bobby Flay and the Neelys annoy me too. 

Love Paula Deen and Alton Brown and Giada De Laurentis. I understand the way that they cook. 

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:29 PM In reply to

• lmnichols
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 3 2008
    • Southern Indiana
    • Posts 92

Nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't care for her style.  Seems to be aimed at a younger age group.  I LOVE Good Eats!

lynn
  • Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:28 AM In reply to

I watched rachel ray a few times before I realized my remote control had a channel selection on it (grin)..

I do like Alton Brown, but one person I cant stand to watch on there at all is Sandra Lee. It isnt her perkiness that she keeps in overdrive (ok maybe a little :)  )   it's the semi-homemade part. Too much frankenfood for a 'cooking show'.  Also.. will she never run out of cocktail varities? :)

• Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:18 AM In reply to

I just wish Rachael Ray would shut up part of the time. Doesn't she ever run out of air?

Sandra Lee I can tolerate, but I don't really like her either. DH calls her "boobs" (for obvious reasons).

Paula Deen and Emeril I can't stand to watch. They ham it up too much. And what is it with those weird noises Emeril makes?

For some reason I really like Ina Garten, even though she's more upper-crust in style.

Can you tell I watch Food Network a lot? Embarrassed

Jill

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us