Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Sweaters for Cents - In Dollar Stretcher

Last post Thu, Oct 29 2009 10:53 PM by cheapChic. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 29 2009 7:39 PM

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

Sweaters for Cents - In Dollar Stretcher

Sweaters for Cents

This article has some very good tips on refurbishing used or discarded sweaters. Check it out - it could save you some money. 

Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • Thu, Oct 29 2009 9:35 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Re: Sweaters for Cents - In Dollar Stretcher

great article Edey ... I recently put new button on a wonderful sweater and gave it to my niece she loved the sweater but would get because she didnt think she could match the buttons I could either but had a set that worked wonderful .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Oct 29 2009 10:53 PM In reply to

Re: Sweaters for Cents - In Dollar Stretcher

its a good artical specially since its fun to redo a sweater like doing the stretch part I learned to do that when I worked at a dry clearners stretched it to somewhat fit nothing perfect but it looked ok just do that on a iron board when alittle dam sweater stretch it abit then put on a wood board pin down let dry.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us