Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

My SNAP/Food Stamps appeal re my lowered Section 8 rent amount

Last post 11-25-2009 9:30 AM by Deborahmichelle. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2009 8:01 AM

My SNAP/Food Stamps appeal re my lowered Section 8 rent amount

Dear All, I have a slam-dunk appeal to pursue regarding a SNAP/Food Stamps Noticze of Action.  I receive $200 in EBT monthly, but I just was notified that the amount will ber educed to $179 ($21 down) because my SEction 8 rent was reduced by $28.  I am appealing by telephone & iin writing -- by telephone because 11/1 is so soon, & I want to be sure that they understand that I want my full benefits to continue while I'm appealing.  By wwriting so tht I can get my argument across without any mistake.  My reason that I know I will win is thtt my medical expenses of $650-ish/mo are so high that I am entitled to more than $200, it jsut is thta Z$200 is the maximum that can be given.

SO, I'm not worried aboout this at all & do  not need any prayers!  Yorus in Hiiim, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 10-25-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Re: My SNAP/Food Stamps appeal re my lowered Section 8 rent amount

Deb, I'm glad you're so positive about this!  It seems that when you have government benefits of any kind it's a full time job to maintain them and the paperwork and such.  I know you are not worried, but I will say quick prayer for levelheadedness amongst the employees who make these decisions.

<3

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 10-25-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

It sounds like some paperwork headache. Keep us posted.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-25-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

Thank you, my dear SUnshine & Brandy, for your kind words, & thanks especially for your prayer, Sunshine!  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is simply a bureaucratic oversight that can be easily remdied.  Love in Him, Deb

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 11-19-2009 9:47 AM In reply to

Dear All, It wasn't a bureucratic oversight, but there's still a happy ending.  I am allowed to deduct expenses for my service dog, Heart, so I am far & away within the expense basement for the full $200 in SSSSSSSSSSSSSNAP/              food Stamps EBBBT.  Yours in Him,              Deb

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 11-19-2009 10:25 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am glad this worked out in your favor.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 11-19-2009 11:17 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

good for you deb so many people dont fight just accept and put up no fight .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 11-20-2009 9:54 AM In reply to

Dear Gayla & Brandy, THanks for yoru lovign support!  Love in Him, Deb

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 11-24-2009 9:49 PM In reply to

Dear Deb,

So glad this worked out as it should have. I have noticed that whenever there is an increase in cost-of-living allotment from SSI, my food stamps go down. An $11 increase usually yields about $2 in the end.

As pointed out, we do really have to be alert and be our own advocates.

I hope Heart continues to improve!

• 11-25-2009 9:30 AM In reply to

Dear Seaturtle & All, ACTUALLY, it looks as though I WILL have to go to Tuesday's hearing.  They are dithering, with the Appeals Unit saying that they have not received notification from Food Stamps of my having sent in my set of Oct medical expenses ....  I don't mind going in; I am sort of interested in what the procedure will be like as I've settled ALL my prior appeals ahead of time.  There's still today & Monday for the Appeals Unit to get the proper notification .....  Lovein Him, Deb

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us