Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Halloween Costumes!

Last post 10-28-2009 1:48 AM by cherylm. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2009 4:46 AM

Halloween Costumes!

Hi All,

Halloween is coming! Halloween is a combination of Celtic and Roman festivals combined with ancient Gael beliefs that on the 31st October the boundaries between the world of the living and the world of the dead overlapped. Costumes and masks have been worn on this day for centuries and our selection of Halloween fancy dress costumes, accessories and room and table decorations contains everything you could ever want to get ready for your party.

Dressing up in the scariest halloween costume possible is an essential element of the 31st October

Keep Sharing and Reading!

Filed under: ,
  • 09-18-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: Halloween Costumes!

Then people realized that little kids got scared, so they introduced cute sparkly costumes, now its all about the candy....

if it wasnt for the kissing tradition, no one would care about mistletoe.

To live is to die slowly, love fully, breathe deeply, laugh uncontrollably, sing loudly, dance wildly, take no one for granted, smile when you want to cry, raise others up and be raised. Never let what you cant do, stop you from doing what you can.
  • 09-20-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

My daughter's costume this year was given to us by my cousin so FREEEE and frugal!! The best way to go, hehe.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 09-20-2009 5:29 PM In reply to

We have last years costumes plus others so they are set!  plus my friend gave me the spiderman costume he wore last year.    Ds saw a transformers costume at value village in august (all ready out!!)  and wanted it but I said no. $20  and he has 2 costumes already.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 09-22-2009 6:43 PM In reply to

My daughter has wanted to be a sheep for over a month.  So safe to say I think it might stick.  She had a black turtle neck and black sweat pants and her grandma is going to sew her a quick furry ball of sorts.  Looks like a potato sack dress to me made out cream sherpa that makes her look like a sheep.  So I think we are set here.

• 09-24-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

LexiJoJo2006:
    My daughter has wanted to be a sheep for over a month

That's different. I hope she has a great time.

• 09-24-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

It is different.  In fact we couldn't find a sheep costume but was able to make it for about six bucks.  She is only 3 but super excited she keeps bugging me to be Little Bo Peep.  But by then I will 22 weeks pregnant and I am sure won't find a little bo peep costume that fits.

• 09-25-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

Be little bo peeper, if youre pregnant (congrats btw) because everyone loves little peepers! (a nick-name we gave kids at day care because they "peep" while we play duck duck goose)

just get a dress made for matenity-wear and get a staff (or make one from a broom handle), wrap it with ribbons to match the dress and make or buy a cute hat, add more matching ribbons and TA-DA!!

little bo peep, and the cute little sheep!

(besides the dress if you dont have one, I think you could buy enough ribbon for 3$ and the broom handle maybe #$ max. you could get a hat for a few $ at goodwill, and "peep" it up a little bit with the ribbon, so 10$-ish plus dress....?)

if it wasnt for the kissing tradition, no one would care about mistletoe.

To live is to die slowly, love fully, breathe deeply, laugh uncontrollably, sing loudly, dance wildly, take no one for granted, smile when you want to cry, raise others up and be raised. Never let what you cant do, stop you from doing what you can.
  • 09-25-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

I like Tiffany's idea. Though I can see why you might feel funny being an expecting Bo Peep, LOL.

• 09-26-2009 11:07 AM In reply to

dollar giant had costumes for 1.25! so picked up a pirate and witch costume for dressup and halloween if they want.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us