Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Fall Decorations

Last post Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:30 AM by alexss. 46 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 11:05 PM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

Fall Decorations

well hard to believe that fall is coming!   What are you doing for decorations?   I bought a huge pot of  burgundy daisy mums from costco on sunday $12. I have a couple of decorations plus a front door wreath I updated with silk fall leaves a couple of years ago.

I thinking I need more.  Can't wait to see what the dollar store brings out.   Have to stop by Micheals too...haven't been for a long time!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 11:09 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Re: Fall Decorations

I thought I was the only one ready to decorate for fall! I'm going downstairs tomorrow to see what I have stashed away. 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 11:21 PM In reply to

I just bought some fall flower picks from the Dollar Tree a week ago that I'll use to change up my grapevine wreath.  I also want to get some fall colored mums to put in a flower box in the front.  I usually put some gourds, squashes and a few mini pumpkins out on the porch in a galvinized bucket.  I love fall, it's my fave season so I always enjoy decorating!

Heather in CA
    http://storingupmytreasures.blogspot.com/
  • Tue, Sep 1 2009 11:32 PM In reply to

Pat:
    I'm going downstairs tomorrow to see what I have stashed away.

I think it's time as well.  I have two wreaths & multiple matching candle rings with fall-colored leaves in magenta, orange & brown.  I have candlesticks on my piano in the library, one the end tables, one on the dining room table & a couple on the side bar table.  Once the candle rings are in place & the wreaths are on the doors, Fall has arrived at my house!

I picked up a fake pumpkin at a thrift shop last year, so I am trying to decide where to place it.  I have no real pumpkins this year - the vines froze Sad

• Tue, Sep 1 2009 11:46 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

I forgot until this moment, I ordered from avon their harvest tablecloth set for $29.99,  has a tablecloth with smaller overlay with matching napkins.  Haven't got it yet.

• Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:31 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

On Sunday bought two mums. The old ones didnt comoe up this year, too much rain maybe. I have 4 nice pumpkins from my garden. two are on the poarch, need tocarry the other two down to the house. Added fall silk leaves to the grapevine wreath. That is all so far. May pick up some Indian corn at Farmers Market this ;weekend if someone has it. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Wed, Sep 2 2009 9:30 AM In reply to

MarthaMFI:

well hard to believe that fall is coming!   What are you doing for decorations?   I bought a huge pot of  burgundy daisy mums from costco on sunday $12. I have a couple of decorations plus a front door wreath I updated with silk fall leaves a couple of years ago.

I thinking I need more.  Can't wait to see what the dollar store brings out.   Have to stop by Micheals too...haven't been for a long time!

When October brings cooler weather, there will be a wreath on the front door and a ceramic pumpkin or two on the dining table. I have pine cones for a deep and clear case that I'll tie a wide ribbon and bow around. Summer flowers will be pretty until at least the end of September, but I am thinking about fall.

thyme2save
  • Wed, Sep 2 2009 11:59 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I put away my little woodland critters, the nylon butterflies and glass like flowers I had stuck in a flower bed and the floral bird bath along with all the silk rose vines I had over the door and inside. Time for fall!

So out came two earth toned gnomes, a straw smiling scarecrow face and a solar pagoda for the corner so far. I want to get some of the "silk" flowers and leaves in yellow, gold and brown tones to replace the summer roses. I already spied what I want from The Dollar Tree.

As Halloween approaches, I will add some small pumpkins to the porch and large ones for the yard, some Halloween themed ceramics to my plant stand by the door and my other Halloween decorations.

Once Halloween is over, I'll use the same fall decorations for Thanksgiving then take that all down in favor of Christmas themed things.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Sep 2 2009 10:24 PM In reply to

I start with the 2 wreaths & candle rings with the fall colored leaves, then after Hallowe'en, I will add several pilgrim decorations I have. We don't decorate for Hallowe'en any more, partially because I usually work that night ( too many request it off, & I don't, so I work), & partially because we chose a long time ago to celebrate Thanksgiving from harvest to the end of November & skip Hallowe'en. I don't think the world celebrates gratitude enough, & Hallowe'en has always represented such greed to me. The kids loved it, but I never did & now that they are grown, I no longer celebrate it.

• Wed, Sep 2 2009 11:10 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

well I could use a few weeks of nice weather for the tomatoes but don't think that will happen!  school can come fast too!

kinda different here because thanksgiving is before halloween, second monday of oct so that is about 5-6 weeks away!   so the fall/thanksgiving decorations go up and then halloween.

Nov is hard but I have a grapevine wreath that I wrapped a gold bead string around it with a burgundy gold striped ribbon bow.   Rememberence Day (like your memorial day)  is nov 11 so I either tuck in a few poppys, the symbol in Canada because of the flanders field poem or I think I will make a permanent one if I get enough poppys.  I have an empty grapevine wreath.

I think I will look for more burgundy or ivory type decorations for nov and jan.

Page 1 of 5 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us