Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

New to EBT (Balance Unchanged)

Last post 07-06-2009 3:35 PM by Deborahmichelle. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2009 1:42 AM

New to EBT (Balance Unchanged)

Hello all, I am new to the EBT program, I went down to the Fresno Ca. office on 5-28-09 and applied for the EBT food stamp program. I was approved and received my EBT card that day with a balance of $225.00. $25.00 for the remaining month of may, and $200.00 for the month of June. When I used the card for a purchase on July 2, I noticed that the balance had not changed from the month of June, I called the number on the card, and the EBT system confirmed that the balance on the card had not changed. I went to the Fresno office today to see my case worker, but the office was closed today due to the holiday. (Independence Day) Does any body know why this happened? My first thought was that Arnold Schwarzenegger stopped the program, but I found no evidence of that. Thanks
  • 07-04-2009 7:56 AM In reply to

Re: New to EBT (Balance Unchanged)

Hello..when you say your balance had not changed, how do you know this? Did you look online, call the number on the card, or look on your receipt? The receipt should say "balance". I am sure that the program was not discontinued..you would have been notified or it would have been on the news. They can't just suddenly do that. Maybe the grocery machine made an error. Try making a purchase today and see what happens. I am curious to hear exactly what your receipt says.
  • 07-04-2009 7:59 AM In reply to

Your "refill" date may not have arrived yet. Depending on how the system works, the new balances are added on specific days of the month. They are not always the day you applied or were approved. I have one friend who gets reloaded on the 7th and one on the 15th of each month. Do you now your "reload" day?

Lynn

• 07-04-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-04-2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,425

My link card is loaded on the first. You might want to check to see when your card is loaded. Our dates in Il is the 1st and the 15th of each month.
  • 07-05-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

As far as I know, the cards are reloaded on the first of the month here In Fresno Ca. I called the number on the card to verify that the balance on my receipt was correct. I have just called the number again (July 5) and the balance has not changed.
  • 07-05-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

Dear TimeRider, My hunch is that you'll get your correct balance on the phone on Monday or any other business day.  Normally, teh coomputer (telephone) is spot onn no matter when you call.  But, since your card is brand new, it might not "read" you tillll a business day.  If when you call tomorrow, you still get the same initial balance w/o the subtraction for your purchase, calll your Food Stamps office, ask for "the Officer of the Day," & explain the situation.  Good luck!  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 07-06-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

Big Smile [:D] Re: New to EBT (Balance Unchanged)

I was In error, I called the number on my EBT card again today and found a recording that I had not heard before. It seems that the last number on our case number Indicates the date for reloading the balance on the card. The last number on my case number Is 7, so I should see the new balance on the 7th. I don't know why the case worker forgot to tell me that. :- )
  • 07-06-2009 3:35 PM In reply to

Dear TimeRider, No problem whatsoever!  It takes time to get used to the in's & out's of anything new, including SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT.  So you'll be getting new benefits amoutn TOMORROW!  That's VERY soon -- congratulations!  Yuors in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us