Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

35mm Film Processing

Last post Tue, Jun 9 2009 5:02 PM by mommatothree. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:17 PM

35mm Film Processing

I have a bunch of rolls of 35mm film that I need to take in for processing.  Normally I'd just take it to Wal-Mart, but they have steadily been raising their prices.  To those of you that still develop 35mm film, where do you take yours for processing?  Also, does anyone mail theirs off for processing?  If so, who do you use?  I have a digital camera as well, but still like to take "film" pictures sometimes. 

Heather in CA
    http://storingupmytreasures.blogspot.com/
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:24 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: 35mm Film Processing

I was using York when I had a camera with film that needed developing.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:33 PM In reply to

Have you tried looking at K-mart's prices ?

Back when I was in college in Georgia I wouold get film developed there, but I didn't have 35 mm film. It was fairly cheap.

• Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Brandy, thanks for the info on York.  I'll compare the prices w/Wal-Mart.

VA Needlewoman, thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately I don't have a K-Mart in my area.

Heather in CA
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 5:15 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

my DH got a really nice 35 mm he has an account with York it works great ..  he have a friend in town that will do pictires if its a rush job .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:43 PM In reply to

• Darlene
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 11 2008
    • (Mid state) Illinois
    • Posts 137

It has been awhile since we've taken 35 mm pictures. I do know that our local Wal-Mart/K-Mart did have a "goof-proof" policy. After the film was developed, and prints paid for I would open the packet and go through each print. Every print that I didn't like for whatever reason was refunded. The clerk at the photo dept would give me maybe $.17 a print for each one I didn't want. That way I didn't have pictures that were "goofy" from a finger over the lens, blurred, etc. The photo lab will not tell you they have this program, nor did they post a notice anywhere, but when I mentioned the "goof-proof" refund policy they always came through. You might mention this if you have your photos developed at K-mart or Wal-Mart.

Darlene

• Tue, Jun 9 2009 5:02 PM In reply to

Darlene, thanks for the reminder.  I'm pretty sure that our local Wal-Mart does the "goof proof" policy as well.  I'll have to check w/them!

Heather in CA
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us