Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Hobbies

Last post Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:00 AM by Terisa Trevor. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 12:44 PM In reply to

Re: Hobbies

LOVE hobbies, crafts, arts etc!!!  I used to paint, sew, craft, make ALL Christmas gifts, gardening, reading etc. etc.  Unfortunately, arthritis has limited all the things I used to do!  I still read voraciously and usually  have at least two books going at all times, do crossword puzzles, oversee the gardening....DH has memory problems and can't remember the differences between some plants and their requirements, though he is physically extremely active for his age.  This year, he has neglected to water some of the garden, and over watered other areas, for instance!  It is hard to give him free reign and suggest tactfully  how to do things.  I subscribe to Threads magazine just for the pleasure and enrichment in the sewing arena, though I can't do it myself now.  At some point, I want to get back to painting for self therapy!  I have never learned to play an instrument, but adore music (classical mostly).  At a recent family wedding, a granddaughter was seated behind me, and the sound of her voice, so pure and clear, moved me to tears during the service.  Good music can raise the hairs on my arms!  DH does not share this with me, so I am limited as to my enjoyment, though I do have a library of good CDs that I save for times when he is not here!
    Patrink

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 12:44 PM In reply to

Cant help it I like the bagpipes..  : ))))  Actually a doctor in Germany said it would help strengthen my lungs, not sure it as helped with that but I can hold my breath a bit longer and dont use as many asthma drugs.  : )

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 12:45 PM In reply to

I knew I could count on you!  hhehehehehe

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 12:51 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

My husband feels breathing excercises improved his issues with asthma and he has worked with our son on that as well.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 2:19 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

I like to listen to the bagpipes, but don't know if I'd ever be able to play them. I got a recorder to play with and can hardly do that.  

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 3:43 PM In reply to

• Gigi
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,065

Create! Repair! Reinvent! Reassess!
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 3:45 PM In reply to

• Gigi
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,065

Create! Repair! Reinvent! Reassess!
  • Fri, Aug 10 2007 3:46 PM In reply to

LOL, Gigi -- you did not tell us WHAT instrument you play so well indeed!

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 6:38 PM In reply to

Yes I did, and I am so bad at it, but I do love to play and as I usually have a captive audience that offers no negative feedback.  hehehe  But as you said it is a part of me, part of my heritage, keps me balanced for the most part.

• Fri, Aug 10 2007 7:53 PM In reply to

Wow ! an interesting bunch of  hobbies! If the kids let me :)  Well besides reading mix (fiction/nonfiction), gardening, I crochet, am trying learn to knit, use the kniffy knitter looms, just bought a kids automatic knitting machine from value village for $6 so I can make scarfs for xmas without hurting my hand. New for me...Beading, making jewellery. I am excited about crocheting with wire so I bought lots of beads, wire and jewellery making stuff, books etc  :) so now have to find time to do it !  I sell items on ebay, small time hobby.  I had planned on making jewellery to sell at craft fairs etc but on hold for the moment.  Have dabbled in quilting, soap making, beeswax candles, ribbon embroidery etc. Our local high school has lots of great low cost classes. Quilting for the moment is on hold, til the kids are older and my sewing skills are better. I have a stash of beautiful japanese cloth I want to make up into quilts but for $20 a meter, I will wait til I can do it properly lol
    My Family's Interests
    Filed under:
Page 2 of 5 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us