Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Free price book printable pages

Last post Tue, Oct 19 2010 8:31 PM by Juneflower. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 10:32 AM

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Free price book printable pages

In this week's Dollar Stretcher.  I'm thinking of using the next to the last one, but it would take some work to switch over from my notebook (and a lot of pages to print).  Have you looked at them?  What do you think?

Grocery Pricebook Pages 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 10:54 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: Free price book printable pages

I haven't looked at the new articles yet. Iclicked on your link though. Those are the best pages I have ever seen! I will send the url to my brother to be sure he sees these since he is still working on price comparisons and cutting his food budget.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Apr 6 2009 3:04 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

printed out several of them adding them to my price book 

excellent pages .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 3:08 PM In reply to

• onepursuit
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 3 2009
    • Pineville, LA
    • Posts 49

I'm a bit of a geek, so I tend to do things electronically as much as possible. I've only recently started keeping track of pricing for things in a semi-organized fashion, and I've been doing it on a little spreadsheet. It's been easier for me to organize that way. If you have a PDA or smart phone, you can even work directly from your electronic copies as you shop. (Although right now, I'm mostly just jotting things down as I see them & putting them on my spreadsheet at home.)

The spreadsheet also lets you automate the price per unit calculations, which is nice :) (You just have to set up the formulas once and you're good to go!)

I am glad that the PDFs were posted tho. It gives me an idea of what others are doing. 

Jenni B
    http://www.savinggracefully.com
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 3:52 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

onepursuit:
    If you have a PDA or smart phone, you can even work directly from your electronic copies as you shop.

I have enough trouble trying to use a cell phone. Why did they have to get rid of rotary phones? I could understand those.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Apr 6 2009 4:10 PM In reply to

• onepursuit
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 3 2009
    • Pineville, LA
    • Posts 49

Brandy:
    Why did they have to get rid of rotary phones? I could understand those.

LOL!

I grew up with those, so I understand them... but a lot of the teens today have no idea what they are. Rotary phones are just as foreign to them as PDAs are to other folks!

Jenni B
    http://www.savinggracefully.com
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 4:42 PM In reply to

Dear All, Gary's price book pages are a great improvement over the system I'd developed, where I put all baking goods on one 8-1/2x11" page, & had to scan the whole page to find an item to comparae with the same item in another place.  I printed out the 8-1/2x11" pages.  I have a binder that I can put them in, & I  haave a one-hole punch that I use behind a sheet of 3-hole noteboook paper.   After the sheets are reversed in the paper tray, I'd be charged for 2-sided copying, but that's not something that I can do onmy laser printer, AND it's more expesnive to use the laser toner to make multiple copies on the laser printer than to go into a print shop.  There's a new one that charges just 3cents/copy when you make 100 copies of the same page.  I am going to try to negotiate a price of 4 cents/copy when I make 50 copies of the same page.  (I'l make double-sided 50 copies of the right-hand page, + 50 copies of the left-hand page).

I do have the habit, when a price that does not change in a store, to make a check-maaark & write the date next to it, to save time -- & space.

Since I use very few coupons these days, I've been carrying them in a small envelope instead of in the shoe-box that I used to use when I was able to shop with double coupons, & thus bought for the msot part non-organic & processed foods.  I'm goign to get 5 photo sleeves for 8-1/2x11" use; that will be ample.

I am very happy to have this new method -- I love the calculation of unit price!  THANK YOU, GARY!

Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Apr 7 2009 7:25 PM In reply to

Dear All, I ended up spending $10 for everything I needed to set up the Price Book.  I'm glad that that's all that it took; it didn't dig into my discretionary cash nearly as much as I feared it would, so I CAN still order from Newark Dressmaker Supplies.  I was not able to negotiate a lower price (it cost $10 for 50 3-hole-punched back-to-back sheets), but since I already had everything else (binder, separater pages with tabs, AND ENVELOPES WHICH I'M THREE-HOLE PUNCHING IN PLACE OF GETTING PLASTIC PHOTO SHEETS -- I'm cuttign down 9x13's (using packaging tape to create pouches & then cutting a hand-sized oval opening -- one envelope at the beginning of the book to place coupons as I collect the products that I am buying, & one envelope at the beginnign of each of the 5 sections of the book.  My sections are:  produce; dairy/analogues (ie, soy products, rice milk, etc -- this includes frozen, refrigerated, & regular groceries); general frozen; baking; & general groceries. It's an added pleasantry that my binder was a DISCOVER CARD freebie @ a Real Simple fair.  It says on the cover:  MANAGE YOUR MONEY, MANAGE YOUR LIFE.

Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Sun, Apr 26 2009 1:56 PM In reply to

Deb, you have inspired me. I'll make a proper booklet and I'll title it:

"How can you save the planet if you can't save money?"

I cn scavenge paperboard for a cover, borrow a three hole punch, and use yarn to "bind" the booklet.

• Tue, Apr 28 2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• kayannk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Posts 18

not sure if this will help anyone but I dont actually use a "price book" - mine is incorporated in my coupon box:

In my coupon box (a 3x5 index card box) I made "folders" for the coupons with the tab reading the category - cut down old file folders - card stock quality

on the front of the folder (you dont see it until you pull the folder up) I can write prices as well as notes (like DH doesnt like X brand of deoderant or X brand of veges is bad or dont buy X type of soup)

I have used the same box (the lid is duct taped on) and folders (a couple have been eliminated / added over the years based uopn family changes) since 1995 !!!  it is interesting to be able to see the price change over the years...  I also keep the box in a little tote bag (like size of a lunch box with small straps - a Longaberger one from pre-frugal days!!) so I dont worry about it opening and spilling as it moves around in the car!

my categories are in alphbethical order - i will try to remember them all for you

misc - has things like candy and batteries and weird coupons

baking, bread/cereal, cats/dogs, cleaning, deoderants, dairy, hair, face/skin, frozen, laundry, medicine, meat, personal, snacks, soda, pasta/pizza, paper, plastic, spices, teeth, ...

I must say I probably look funnny walking into the store - purse, tote bag of coupons, plus my large recyclable tote bags for grocerys... I carry a lot in (I used to get stopped ta walmart because they thought I had a return - I would have to explain that it was my coupon box!)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us