Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Double coupons in Florida?

Last post Wed, Sep 28 2011 8:30 PM by scrappy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 16 2009 2:35 PM

• CTN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2009
    • Posts 1

Double coupons in Florida?

Hi all- I am new to this website although not new to being frugal. However, with the changes in the economy, I am having to maximize all the cost cutting avenues that are out there.  I know that Coupon Mom talks about double coupons but I have not found a grocery store that accepts them in South Florida (Broward county to be specific).   Are there any other "tricks" through stores that you are willing to share? For example, Walgreens nor CVS will honor other stores coupons. 

Thanks in advance for any information you provide.

Best regards,

CTN 

• Mon, Mar 16 2009 8:42 PM In reply to

Re: Double coupons in Florida?

Welcome CTN, I live in north FL and to tell you the truth not one store I've been to up here will double. Wal-mart is the only store that I have ever been to that will take another stores' coupon, but I don't shop their offten. 

cyn

• Wed, Mar 18 2009 11:45 AM In reply to

• joha
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • Posts 129

Welcome, this is a great site...

I live in South FL as well, no double coupons here (as you know). Publix doubles coupons in Georgia (from what I heard), and I wonder why not here in FL.

• Sat, Mar 28 2009 4:31 PM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 24 2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

I have a comment, I live in very rural northwestern Minnesota.  The grocery stores in this area do offer double coupons but the closest grocery store is 25 miles away.  We don't get the circular ad coupons in the paper (like in Minneapolis) and I have not been able to find sites on line that offer printable coupons for the things I buy.  There is a super Wal-Mart within that 25 miles but their prices are as high or higher than all the privately owned grocery stores.  I do a trememdous amount of baking, cooking, gardening and canning. 

Would love to coupon and save more money than I do but unless I travel 100 miles or more to shop at the chain stores, I don't have much to choose from.

Karen K.

Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
  • Wed, Jan 5 2011 3:29 PM In reply to

I live in South Florida (Miami). Wal-Mart matches competitor ads/specials & accepts competitor's coupons. Publix also accepts competitor's coupons.

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Just found out that Publix will take Target coupons!   Come on Florida...bring back the doubles!!

• Fri, Jul 15 2011 11:33 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

for years we didn't have anywhere that doubled one store does the other which is 23 miles away .   our Walmart is high as can be on some things but every so often they have sales ... Can hardly wait for the school sales there .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:26 AM In reply to

• Marta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 4 2011
    • Posts 2

Well....no double coupons in Florida, but we have BOGO Buy One Get One and if you work that right they are both free or almost free. The computer is my friend and gas saver. I make my own bar soap and laundry soap. Found that on the Internet. When you start reading labels and see what is really in stuff...you find vinegar removes water stains, and so on.We have become a disposible society and that is expensive. You can re-purpose almost everything. Usually if I want it, I make it, and I get a lot of "oh your so talented, I can't do that!". Which to me translates to...you are a really lazy person.Everyone has a talent...everyone can teach you SOMETHING! Crochet,Cooking, Leather & redying, Beading,Wood Working,Sewing...........Senor Centers are full of Grannies that know how to do everything! BTW....I live on $224.00 a week and want for nothing.

• Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:30 AM In reply to

• Marta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 4 2011
    • Posts 2

BOGO in Florida! If you have a coupon for the item, one is free and the other is greatly reduced or free depending on the coupon.Happy hunting!

• Wed, Sep 28 2011 8:30 PM In reply to

• scrappy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 28 2011
    • Posts 1

I have not found anywhere that doubles coupons.  Do you know of any sites to print the coupons from, that don't give a virus?  I have trouble with those also.Angry

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us