Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Stay-cation

Last post 03-12-2009 11:43 PM by gayla50. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2009 12:19 PM

Stay-cation

http://billeater.com/tips/staycation-right-you

Tips for making a 'staycation' fun and fulfilling.

A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • 03-12-2009 7:51 PM In reply to

Re: Stay-cation

I've had a week long stay-cation for the past two summers because daycare is closed for a week during summer. We only take a vacation proper every four years, next year being our trip to Disney World. Last year we stayed at home except for one day. My mom and dad took DD and me to the mountain to a waterfall and the fish hatchery. We ate lunch by the lake. Otherwise, we were inside all week because DD's swing set was being installed in the backyard, took them two or three days, and I wasn't comfortable being outside with them out there. This year, I hope to at least go to the mall, maybe to Pigeon Forge to let DD ride some kiddie rides, possibly a round of putt-putt golf. DD keeps talking about Papaw taking her camping, so we've told her we'll go camping in our back yard. Maybe we'll do it that week.
  • 03-12-2009 11:19 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

we have a house at the lake its wonderful we have boats, jet ski, and we have a small  beach area .. the house and cabins are big enough for all family ... we have swing sets  and out door games ...  we put a tent up for camping and the boys camp out alot  ( the girls always get a few camp out with Daddy ) we usually are there from April to September but lately we been staying well into fall .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 03-12-2009 11:43 PM In reply to

Stay-cations are pretty much all I do.  No money for traveling.  And, honestly, I love to take time off when DD is in school.  It allows DH and I time to ourselves without having to go out to get time away.  I don't mind not traveling.  Seems like a hassle to me.  LOL  In fact, I'm taking a week off in April and another week off in May -- timed right before Memorial Day, so it'll be 10 days off straight.  I love to stay home and organize stuff and bake goodies for my family that I don't always have time to do when I'm working and figure out how to do things better/more cheaply/quicker/whatever.  Basically it's time to experiment.  And also time to catch up on things that should be done but I'm too busy to do because of working.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 03-12-2009 11:43 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

forgot to add the lake only 8 miles away from our house we just go live at the lake its just for the family fun

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us