Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Princess Bedroom

Last post 03-16-2009 8:06 PM by cheapChic. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2009 8:21 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Princess Bedroom

Princess Bedroom On a Pauper's Budget

Any little girl can have her castle even on a small budget. I find the princess theme to be a frilly and fun one that encourages girls to be feminine.

Even better is that it's so popular, pieces can be found everywhere....the thrift stores, yard sales, dollar stores and on discount aisles of other places. It's not hard to have luxury on a small budget with these bedroom theme!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 03-11-2009 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: Princess Bedroom

My daughter had a girly girl room-I just loved that princess feel. Yet just recently we updated it to reflect her current tastes. It's just not fair!

Hell hath no fury like a woman who has lost her coupons
  • 03-11-2009 11:34 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

My girls all wanted to be cow girls ... my Grands are princess or Diva not sure yet  LOL

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 03-11-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

gayla50:
    My girls all wanted to be cow girls

I guess some of them need to corral the world rather than rule it, LOL!

• 03-11-2009 12:51 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 09-24-2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I think giving them horses did it  ... or it was all those cowboy movies .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • 03-15-2009 9:44 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

The lastest additions to my daughter's princess and floral themed room:

I found some letter wall stickers at The Dollar Tree. The design is pink jewels with the letters done inside. I spelled her name above her bed and added an A jewel on the footboard of her pink Dora toddler bed.

Also at the Dollar Tree were Disney princess window clings. I applied her favorite character, Cinderella, in the corner of her vanity mirror. Two more princesses were applied to the glass doors (one on each) of the TV stand that she uses for shelving. The remainder were put on her window along with the jewels and hearts.

I bought discounted Disney princess valentine cards at Walgreens. The box had a bonus princess poster. We hung this over the vanity. Our interior doors have a design of two small squares at the top and then long panels beneath. I taped a princess card in each small square of her bedroom and closet doors. I used the heart stickers as a cascade down the longer panels.

At a salvage store I found a Disney princess calender. I will remove the picture pages and hunt down scraps of ribbons, lace and the like to make our own borders for them to hang. I can swap these out to make seasonal decorations of her room.

Total cost:  $3.90

For those who have not followed my floral princess creation on a budget, here is a recap of what is already in the room:

The furniture is a Dora toddler bed given to us by a friend, my old dresser and nightstand set, my oldest daughter's white iron vanity which was given to us by my cousin. two sparkle pink plastic drawer systems bought a couple of years ago at Family Dollar and a TV stand given to us by a neighbor. 

The bedding is pink sheets I found on discount at Walmart last year, a pink blanket we have had for some time covered with a fleece princess blanket that was a gift to our daughter.

I looped a pink floral vine that I bought at The Dollar Tree around the mirror of the vanity. A pink valentine bear that Mom gave my daughter is hanging on there along with a lavender sachet. One of the plastic drawer sets is next to this with a princess jewelry box that was a Christmas gift from my brother.

Over the TV stand is a white framed picture of Belle that I bought at a thrift store for a quarter.

I put a pink vase with a pink and white floral arrangement in it on the nightstand. The vase and flowers came from The Dollar Tree.

To wrap up the whole feminine theme are her kitchen and doll toys. She has the pink and white Little Tikes table, kitchen and nursery sets. These all came from the thrift store and were also very cheap.

A castle worthy of a princess on a budget we like. 

• 03-15-2009 6:10 PM In reply to

Oh Brandy this sounds so lovely you make me wish I had a daughter! Hmm, I wonder if hubby would mind a pink bedroom, lol. No maybe not.

cyn

• 03-15-2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Brandy thats sounds pretty nice,we girls never had that we were pretty much cramped quarters but mom bought cute sheets like lavender flowers and ruffled and lace curtains for the window three girls to a 3 bedroom house did hurt but you get what you can afford at the time plus I was gone half the time working but love lavender sheets to this day we all felt likw a princess mom made sure of that...

I guess if I had adopted a girl young enough at the time she would have had that but my necice her in washington aburne area she has all the princess stuff coming out of her ears so what you got from the dollar tree is better...

• 03-15-2009 10:14 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

cheapChic:
    we girls never had that we were pretty much cramped quarters

I got a pink dream room when I was a kid but I was only child of working parents for thirteen years before my brother was born. 

• 03-16-2009 8:06 PM In reply to

Thats cool nice color there, mom said after the war she had type of like pink heavey linen sheets that her mother made for her to go on her bed and I think my aunt had a dark with white flowers on her she embroidered her self isn't nice to think about little girls rooms huh?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us